Client Software Support Specialist
Who We Are:
Named a Best Workplace by both Crain's and Inc. Magazine, Smokeball was founded by technology leaders with more than 20 years of experience in delivering impactful legal technology products. Our leadership continually strives to develop a company, culture, and team that share a profound love for the law and are compelled to help small law firms find success. Our mission isn’t simple, but it is straightforward: help small law firms be successful businesses so that they can better serve our communities.
What We Need:
We are seeking a client-oriented problem-solver who’s excited to learn a new product and become an integral member of the Smokeball family. This Software Support Specialist will act as the first line of software support for our valued Smokeball clients by communicating with them regularly, troubleshooting their software problems, and approaching all client needs with a sense of urgency. Over the course of a week, your responsibilities could include:
- Accurately and proactively creating, maintaining, and resolving tickets through ZenDesk
- Ensuring that all client records are accurate while maintaining client confidentiality at all times
- Testing and reproducing client issues to determine the cause of the problem
- Identifying and communicating relevant information for Tier 2 and 3 issues to next levels for resolution
- Diagnosing and resolving routine and complex technical and product functionality issues
- Contributing to team goals by improving response and resolutions times, as well as client satisfaction ratings
- Creating workaround procedures when standard procedures have failed ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner
Who You Are:
Company culture is the single most important ingredient to our success at Smokeball. Our core values hang on our walls, are listed in our handbook, and are discussed regularly. Our office thrives on positive feedback from our clients and team members alike and we really, really love small love firms. As a member of the team, it is expected that you will care for your colleagues and our clients from day one and that you will work hard to identify areas we can improve in both aspects. We expect open communication, an open mind, and mad ping-pong skills (okay, not a requirement but definitely a plus).
What You Bring:
- 1 -2 years of direct experience providing software support to clients
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users
- Ability to diagnose and remotely resolve software system malfunctions and operational problems
- Ability to think critically and quickly learn new software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of managing multiple tasks and projects effectively
- Culture: Crain's Best Workplaces 2019 and Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2018
- Work-Life Balance: 20 vacation days, 6 sick days, 10 paid holidays, birthday off, volunteer time
- Benefits: 401(k) match, gym reimbursement, generous parental leave, WFH opportunities, etc.
- Massages: Free monthly massages provided by a licensed massage therapist
- Kitchens: Stocked with breakfast items, snacks, and beverages
- Happy Hours: Both in the office and at fun bars in the area
- Games: Ping-pong, billiards, pop-a-shot, board games, video games, etc.
- Transit: We’re located in downtown Chicago
*Smokeball is an equal opportunity employer