Client Solutions Specialist
About the Company
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About the Role
As a Client Solutions Specialist, you’ll be at the forefront of cutting-edge data science software. This role requires you to be a strong project manager, an exceptional written communicator and to approach your work with a solution driven mindset that puts Civis clients first. To be successful, you would need to have an innate curiosity and a desire to understand how things work.
You will work as part of the Civis Analytics cross functional team to enable the success of our users, advocating user feedback and needs with Product Management and Engineering. You must be able to work well with others who approach problems from different perspectives, but you will be expected to challenge and improve the way we operate. This role will be a shift based, and some hours outside of normal business hours will be required. Willingness to be on call. After initial ramp up hours will either be 6am to 3pm or 11am to 8pm.
Reporting directly to the Director of Client Success, this position is a strong growth opportunity for self starters.
- Review, investigate, and solve support requests submitted by Civis clients
- Handle multiple client requests at once, providing proactive updates and pushing internally to resolve the request
- Become a trusted advisor in data science best practices and Civis platform solutions
- Help identify improvements to Civis products and provide feedback to product owners
- Continually strive to provide the best client service possible
- Undergraduate degree in social science, business, communications, mathematics, computer science or statistics
- Desire to take things apart and see how they work
- The ability to deliver a best in class client service experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills and an analytical mindset
- Proven ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience working with data and/or databases
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office
- Coding (SQL/Python/R) background
- Project management experience
- Experience working with clients
- Experience in software training
- Experience in technical writing
- Experience working with Zendesk and Atlassian products