Client Solutions Specialist
Who we are
Civis Analytics has opportunities for applicants who are brilliant newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. We value creativity, hard work, and on-the-job excellence.
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits, and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents, and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
About the Role
As a Client Solutions Specialist, you’ll be at the forefront of cutting-edge data science software. This role requires you to be a strong project manager, an exceptional written communicator and to approach your work with a solution driven mindset that puts Civis clients first. To be successful, you would need to have an innate curiosity and a desire to understand how things work.
You will work as part of the Civis Analytics cross functional team to enable the success of our users, advocating user feedback and needs with Product Management and Engineering. You must be able to work well with others who approach problems from different perspectives, but you will be expected to challenge and improve the way we operate. This role will be a shift based, and some hours outside of normal business hours will be required. Willingness to be on call. After initial ramp up hours will either be 6am to 3pm or 11am to 8pm.
Reporting directly to the Director of Client Success, this position is a strong growth opportunity for self starters.
- Review, investigate, and solve support requests submitted by Civis clients
- Handle multiple client requests at once, providing proactive updates and pushing internally to resolve the request
- Become a trusted advisor in data science best practices and Civis platform solutions
- Help identify improvements to Civis products and provide feedback to product owners
- Continually strive to provide the best client service possible
- Undergraduate degree in social science, business, communications, mathematics, computer science or statistics
- Desire to take things apart and see how they work
- The ability to deliver a best in class client service experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills and an analytical mindset
- Proven ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience working with data and/or databases
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office
- Coding (SQL/Python/R) background
- Project management experience
- Experience working with clients
- Experience in software training
- Experience in technical writing
- Experience working with Zendesk and Atlassian products
Why Civis Analytics?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on continued learning, mentorship, and internal promotion
- Competitive benefits including flexible PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health, dental, and vision benefits
- Downtown open office environment near great restaurants and all public transportation options
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Civis will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
EEO IS THE LAW