WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). All of our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Media Services team is a passionate 250+ person group with one goal, to deliver digital solutions that move the needle for our client’s business while providing Raving Fan service. Through a combination of SMES in the areas of ad operations, analytics, media planning/buying, programmatic, search, social and strategy development, the services team has their pulse at the forefront of what’s happening across the digital landscape. This team develops bespoke solutions designed to help clients maximize their budgets and achieve their KPIs. Working closely with the client development team (sales), a primary focus of the services team is to win, grow, and retain business among a diverse portfolio of clients. The services team is responsible for stewarding $500M+ in paid digital media annually. The team has an exciting and collaborative working dynamic that amplifies Centro’s winning culture.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
Reporting into the SVP, Client Strategy & Insights, you will be joining, and helping to create Centro’s Client Strategy and Insights Center of Excellence. You’ll be joining a team of strategists and researchers with a diverse set of skills across consulting, media & investment strategy, marketing strategy, consumer insights, performance media, and innovation.
We’re looking for someone with a strategic mind, a sharp POV, digital and data fluency and the passion to spend every day building collaborative new solutions. You’re right for this role if you have a passion for growing businesses across a portfolio of diverse clients, and you know when to look “beyond the brief” for the real opportunity. You will know how to build the trust needed to take internal and external stakeholders on the journey. Additionally, you must have a curiosity and knack for uncovering emerging opportunities and know how to combine this with audience insights that produce winning strategies that can be actioned to solve client business challenges. You are further right for this if you are a fast and adaptable problem solver, who can crack the insight on a major new business pitch today and then act as a strategic consultant to clients looking for a POV on in-housing through Centro’s owned product software Basis. You must also positively impact overall client satisfaction, growth, and retention. You will further contribute by:
Client Partner & Growth
- Becoming a trusted advisor and leader providing knowledge and insight specific to the client’s industry helping them navigate the evolving media landscape
- Acting as a consultant and partner to senior-level clients helping align marketing priorities and business needs with Centro solutions
- Working with media services counterparts to identify opportunities for business expansion and revenue growth among assigned clients with collaborative and measurable action plans
- Collaborating with the broader media services counterparts to guide clients looking to in-house on operational best practices and advantages with Basis
- Bringing a POV on effectiveness with analytics partners whether through creative performance or benchmark and KPI shifts
- Maintaining oversight of the strategic health of the client business and relationship with Centro (measured by NPS)
Uncovering Emerging Opportunities
- Contributing to building, training, and evangelizing a new repeatable strategic process across all clients
- Partnering with the Media Services and Research counterparts to develop the consumer insight, consumer journey, omnichannel media strategy and measurement plan based on the client business objectives, needs, and our strategic point of view
- Knowing the macro trends shaping the category for assigned client(s) and how trends impact media strategy and consumer behaviors. Know how to turn these into actionable test and learn opportunities.
- Understanding the data you have and the data you need to solve your client’s problems, and working with Research and Analytics to put a plan in place to collect the data needed.
- Partnering with Research to turn continuous ad hoc research requests into future strategic products
- Supporting new business activity by hands-on participation through ideation sessions, strategy planning and overall presentation development
Knack For Problem Solving
- Contributing to creating and iterating Centro’s strategic product and always push to raise the standard
- Helping other teams elevate their thinking and go beyond their client’s brief
- Be brave enough to challenge a convention, while also being understanding of business realities
- Maintaining a strong pulse on emerging trends within the industry and how they can be applied to client business in an innovative, but effective and measurable way
- Collaborating with members of the revenue team to identify, develop, and deliver solutions that leverage Centro’s software+ services to solve client business challenges
- Driving thought leadership through category/vertical white papers, new strategic products, and provocative industry point of views
- Always maintaining (and sharing!) a high level of curiosity and passion for learning
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- A minimum of 10-12 years of relevant experience with strategic planning, account/connections planning or similar functions that bridge an understanding of marketing, media, and consumer insight. Individuals in this role must be proficient in digital media and data fluent.
- Finds prioritization and collaboration to be second nature
- Experience developing strategy for both digital and traditional media with an understanding of how channels complement one another is a bonus
- Proven track record of new and interesting thinking
- Familiarity with leveraging CRM, first party, and commerce data for audience insight and targeting is preferred
- Successful new business conversion with various sizes and categories of clients
- Must possess the business acumen and persuasive presentation (writing and presenting) skills required to speak to all levels within a client organization
- Persons in this role must be comfortable with and have prior experience influencing and partnering with senior-level clients becoming engrained in their business, acting as a consultant.
- Strong ability to collaborate and partner with a multi-functional team to guide a high standard of work with favorable outcomes
- Key competencies include communication, innovation, persuasion, and teamwork
- Willingness to actively contribute to and be part of Centro’s culture
- Ability to travel up to 25-33%
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a work from home stipend for employees in closed offices, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.