Client Success Manager at PerkSpot
Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for a driven, goal-oriented individual to join our team as a Client Success Manager. Your role will be vital to the success of our existing and prospective clients, and PerkSpot as a whole.
The Client Success team does some of the most important work here at PerkSpot. This includes supporting account retention efforts, evaluating client satisfaction, and brainstorming ways to make partnerships work for both parties involved: our clients, their employees, and PerkSpot. In this important role you will take charge of a certain number of accounts and consistently provide them with growth opportunities through new services and product offerings.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Client Success Team
The Client Success team is in charge of managing the day-to-day and long-term strategy of client relationships here at PerkSpot. They are known as “client whispers,” and strive to keep PerkSpot’s active and prospective partnerships positive and mutually beneficial. As a Client Success Manager, your efficacy will be determined by client satisfaction and quarterly client retention, and your dedication towards making your clients as happy as possible will serve to maintain and grow the PerkSpot business.
Life as a Client Success Manager:
- Manage the day-to-day communications for approximately 75 enterprise accounts
- Act as the main liaison for all of their PerkSpot products and services; ensure timely and successful delivery
- Provide demos, trainings, and collateral to new client POCs
- Cultivate a positive client relationship based on trust, communication, and feedback
- Utilize client relationship to determine source of sales leads
- Recommend and implement seasonal messaging changes as appropriate
- Track and resolve client issues in a professional and calm manner; oversee technical support tickets related to assigned clients
- Oversee product roadmap engagement and provide recommendations to increase employee participation in things like surveys, client councils, testimonials, etc.
- Provide recommendations for growing client footprint with the PerkSpot brand; generate new interest by pitching product releases and new offerings
- Act as ongoing person of contact to support R&R initiatives
- Advertise product releases and demos, effectively generating client interest
- Constantly reinforce the PerkSpot value proposition and mission
- Report on relevant KPIs such as retention
What we’re looking for:
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a client-facing role, ideally in customer service, client service, or client management
- Proven ability to retain and grow accounts, build relationships, and devise innovative client solutions
- Strategic mindset and a knack for drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations to reach a specific or general goal
- High emotional intelligence and a thoughtful, empathetic approach to client communication
- Ability to multitask well - our clients are all different, and their strategies, communication requirements, and solutions should reflect that!
- Professional and articulate communication style; strong presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Innate curiosity to always be learning, growing, and changing one’s approach to work
- Commitment to driving business results in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Organized and deadline-driven style of working - no micromanagers here, so you’ll be overseeing your own tasks!
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work well within a team
- Proven understanding of PerkSpot’s values as a whole and a willingness to work hard to achieve overall company goals
Your First Few Months
We’ll start you off easy - during the first few weeks, you’re going to become well-versed in the PerkSpot platform and the typical issues that arise with clients. Then, we will train you on client communication tactics, diffusion techniques, and growth strategies. From there you’ll start to learn all about your clients and assigned territory, shadowing meetings and calls til you’re well-versed enough to handle everything on your own. In no time, you’ll be a full-fledged member of our Client Success team and wow, they’re lucky to have you.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
Chicago + Remote: We have a solid footprint in Chicago, but we also hire exceptionally talented people who reside elsewhere.
We love the friendships we've forged in our Chicago office. But let's be real; things have changed. We don't plan to all return 100% in-office, but our office and gym are open on an optional basis for all employees who feel comfortable, including happy hours and team events. However, because culture and relationships are important to us, all candidates should be open to being in-office with their teams at pre-arranged times throughout the year. The specifics vary by role, so please discuss your plans with the hiring team.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.
Offering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is a priority at PerkSpot. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.