Client Success Representative
The Group: The Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our clients.
The Role: As the Client Success Rep on the Morningstar’s Library Services team, you will be teamed with the Sales Director to provide world-class support and service to our clients comprised of Public, Academic, and Research libraries, and library systems. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Serve as a single point of contact for post-sales services and ongoing relationship support, including working closely with Sales Director on existing relationships from initial setups, daily support, and renewals.
- Own account set up and ongoing account maintenance.
- Analyze usage and feedback, and proactively follow up with "at-risk" clients. Ensure the account team (sales and product managers) is aware of sensitive client information that impacts the overall relationship.
- Answer a variety of product, investment, and technical questions on the spot where possible, or act as an issue owner and collaborate with other internal resources as necessary until an issue is resolved and communicated to the client.
- Own initial client training and education as well as run monthly web-based training sessions.
- Coordinate with sales and marketing to tailor end-user support materials and work with product on strategy and communication execution when new features or product changes are planned.
- Partner with clients to design and execute programs to drive end-user adoption when requested.
- Work closely with the product team to ensure updates are executed without client disruption. In the event of a product disruption, act as the escalation point between the client and product team.
- Collaborate with product and technical managers to ensure the voice of the customer is heard and incorporated into roadmap planning.
- Work closely with Sales Director to identify opportunities for incremental services and value for both Morningstar and the client throughout the ongoing client relationship.
- Work the booth at industry conferences; meet with existing clients and build relationships.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience, or proven success in managing a book of business and servicing accounts.
- Excellent client-facing skills and ability to build relationships with clients, communicate effectively, and handle situations on the fly.
- Strong technical, presentation, and consultative skills; ability to identify areas for improvement and executes process improvements.
- Proactive, strategic, and creative thinker with a collaborative approach to problem-solving and project management; ability to develop strong internal and external partnerships and relationships.
- Excel in a fast-paced environment while still producing very high-quality, detail-oriented work.
- Basic understanding of investment data and financial analysis. Prior experience supporting financial data solutions is a plus, as is a willingness to expand your technical knowledge.
- Ability to think strategically about client relationships.
- Project management skills and ability to work collaboratively with internal teams and external organizations.
- A bachelor`s degree is required; an advanced degree is a plus.
- Some travel is required.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.