Clinical Lead - Medical Assistant - Lincoln Park at VillageMD
Clinic Location: 1460 N Halsted Street, Suite 202, Chicago, IL 60642
Why Village Medical?
At Village Medical, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through physician-led, patient-first primary care. We're looking for a Clinical Lead to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Clinical Lead helps to facilitate day-to-day clinical operations within the practice, including the direction of patient, staff and provider interactions while maintaining a service-based approach to issue resolution. This leader will partner with Practice Managers within the clinic to promote the highest standards of patient care by appropriately managing patient flow. Additionally, the Clinic Lead provides support, mentoring and training to staff, encouraging and developing their abilities to ensure and optimize clinical outcomes while executing clinical duties with a focus on excellent patient experience.
How you can make a difference:
- Receive and understand direction on clinical processes and competencies from clinical operations leadership and disseminate updates and new protocols to staff
- Collaborate with Practice Manager on clinical staffing assignments and alignment
- Administer vaccinations to patients according to administration guidelines
- Monitor supply and order all pharmaceuticals and immunizations
- Conduct temperature logs, AED management, and supply expiration management
- Communicate organizational and clinical changes to staff to in a positive manner and champion support of all changes
- Conduct clinical staff meetings and huddles with a focus on staff engagement
- Ensure appropriate orientation of new employees and on-going training and development of clinical staff to meet changing needs and organizational demands
- Attend clinical leadership meetings and other relevant meetings as required for position/office
- Participate in the recruitment, selection and hiring process for clinical positions in collaboration with the Practice Manager
- Proactively develop employees through mentoring, coaching, and discipline
- Promote staff education opportunities and assist in coordination of trainings
- Provide office supervision in the absence of the Practice Manager
- Provide patient care as needed and collaborate with provider to resolve all emergent patient or clinical issues in a timely manner
- Monitor patient flow and inboxes to ensure patient needs are being addressed timely.
- Coordination of quality campaigns and process improvement activities as needed
- Provides direction to assure the clinic environment is clean and safe, infection control procedures are followed, and patient privacy is upheld.
Skills for success:
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to forge meaningful relationships across patients, staff and physicians
- A keen sense of personal accountability and a commitment to delivering individual and team results
- Experience performing under pressure with a sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- Highly relationship oriented and ability to serve complex patient populations
- A passion for mentoring others and fostering teamwork with a desire to drive outcomes
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through effective communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change:
- High School Diploma/Equivalency
- 2 years minimum clinical experience in primary care or similar practice setting
- Current Certified/Registered Medical Assistant or LPN/LVN highly preferred
How you will thrive:
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, Village Medical offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on Village Medical products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique Village Medical culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference:
At Village Medical, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at Village Medical are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with Village Medical today.