Clinical Risk Manager at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Clinical Risk Manager In Chicago, IL
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Clinical Risk Manager to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Clinical Risk Manager is responsible for the coordination and investigation of incidents and provides documentation of all related data and facilitates resolution of reported incidents. This individual supports VillageMD’s objective of enhancing and promoting patient safety and quality of care and minimizing loss to protect the assets of the facility. This individual participates in formulating risk reduction strategies, policy and/or organizational changes.
How you can make a difference
- Coordinates the risk management program to meet the needs of the institution.
- Review past incidences, claims and liability reports to identify the risks the facility is facing.
- Conduct research on various risks and file reports of the findings to the management.
- Provide recommendations and solutions to immediate problems.
- Create a risk management plan to help avert future problems.
- Conduct risk management training to other staff members.
- Develop new policies and procedures.
- Reviews and analyzes all incident reports for Risk Management, quality of care, regulatory and insurance concerns.
- Maintains risk management information system database.
- Serves as a point of escalation for patient care concerns when the specific clinical location is unable to resolve the matter.
- Prepares various incident summary reports; provides all required documentation for investigations, activities and resolutions related to the reported incident (s).
- Facilitates the peer review process.
- Identifies organizational risk through trend analysis of incidents, incident letters, reports etc.
- Interfaces with the TPA and counsel on reporting potential claims as well as cases of concern by preparation of preliminary reports, and determination of priority of investigation given risk management assessment
- Acts as a resource person by presenting relevant risk management issues for discussion and evaluation.
- Keeps abreast of appropriate regulatory requirements related to risk management.
- Responds to inquiries regarding various reports and individual professional liability matters.
- Assists in developing educational programs to raise staff awareness to risk exposure and the impact on professional liability.
Skills for success
- Demonstrated organizational skill and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal communication and critical problem-solving skills
- You can listen and understand the talent needs of our business partners and bring them to fruition
- A desire to be accountable for owning problems from design to implementation
- A bias for action and pragmatic, yet creative, “outside the box” solutions that prove you to be a valuable business partner
- You have an unparalleled sense of urgency and commitment to getting stuff done without sacrificing quality or experience
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented, and can manage multiple competing priorities while continuing to advance critical initiatives
- You are self-assured and have a high tolerance for ambiguity and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through effective communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- Bachelor's degree or greater in Nursing or other health related science required, or combination of applicable experience and education
- 5+ years Risk Management experience preferred
- CPHRM preferred
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.