Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over one million customers to $6.5 billion in loans and to 200,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Avant is building an infrastructure platform and set of tools that enable creating, managing and delivering computing resources to the entire organization. We believe in measuring all aspects of our applications and infrastructure and using those metrics to help drive r. We also believe these systems should be reliable and easy to use. All our infrastructure is in code and we believe in creating or using systems to enable autonomy and self-service for our teams. While we run an extensive cloud and on premise network deployment to ensure consistent and secure access to our corporate network, we are looking to make significant improvements that can support multi-cloud and modernize our sites interconnect infrastructure.
We value constant self-improvement, honest feedback, clear communication and empathy for the users of our services.
Please Note: This is a remote eligible position based out of Chicago, IL.
What you do at Avant:
- Create, maintain and improve cloud network infrastructure using automation tools
- Create and update documentation around network infrastructure
- Developing and maintaining disaster recovery plans
- Develop and maintain security configurations and participate in security compliance efforts
- Troubleshoot and debug network performance issues
- Manage security and configuration of PAN-OS, Junos, Cisco IOS
- Develop and secure SDN solutions using CloudFlare Magic Transit/CNI and Megaport MVE
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- 3-5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a field such as computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, or equivalent work
- Experience with infrastructure as code. Terraform, Packer and Ansible are our tools of choice
- Extensive experience with AWS cloud networking solutions like AWS TGW
- Extended knowledge of multi-cloud infrastructure. We run on AWS.
- Strong Linux experience maintenance and debug skills
- Knowledgeable with on-premise networking technologies (cisco, palo, juniper)
- Knowledge of development tool creation and network architecture design.
- A self-starter with the ability to help drive a project from requirements through implementation using the support of your team and the organization
- Programming/Scripting experience is a prerequisite
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.