ABOUT THE ROLE
The Collections Specialist will be reporting to the Collections & Credit Risk Manager. The Collections Specialist will support the department in the processing of the company’s outstanding account receivables while managing an acceptable DSO. This position will provide backup assistance for the collections team when needed, researching payment issues, monthly account reconciliations, reporting, projects, and collections. The Collections Specialist will work closely with internal and external customers on finance projects and will provide additional backup if needed. This role requires strong attention to detail, an understanding of accounting principles including revenue recognition, accounts receivable and cash application, problem-solving and negotiation, and an ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks. Able to demonstrate flexibility, tactfulness and handle a high volume of work.
- Manage high priority/ high-risk accounts.
- Perform account collections and meet or exceed weekly and monthly collections goal.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Answer all receivable inquiries received in the department ticketing system quickly and professionally.
- Provide help during monthly billing cycle to the Billing team.
- Assist with the annual audit.
- Complete special projects under the direction of Credit & Collections Manager and Leadership.
- Maintain thorough, accurate and detail customer contact notes as per collections procedures.
- Work with multiple internal business partners to resolve collection barriers and root causes.
- Establish and maintain close communications with Client Development partners that will both help manage DSO and grow sales.
- Embrace a culture of continuous improvement and due diligence.
- Create and update department procedures.
- Assist Finance with reports and special projects when needed.
- Help train and mentor team members.
- Assist with monthly accountant reconciliation.
- Work with customers to research and resolve aged and disputed accounts receivable and escalate when necessary.
- Actively perform follow-up on accounts that are past due and document correspondence