Compliance Admin at Echo Global Logistics
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
As part of the Compliance Department, the person will assist in achieving various compliance business objectives. They will work independently and as a team with different departments across Echo. This position is a challenging role for a self-starter who would like to not only grow the position but also develop into a leader at Echo.
- Work with the Audit Department to generate appropriate audits and reports
- Analyze and interpret data with attention to compliance initiatives
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Identify situations where departments may not be in compliance with established internal control procedures
- Identifying compliance problems that call for formal attention and escalate appropriately
- Document audit tests and findings
- Manage all incoming carrier documentation and update systems accordingly
- Be knowledgeable and confident of critical requirements and processes for proper carrier updating and on-boarding
- Educate Echo employees on desirable and required qualifications for carrier candidates
- Review contract revisions suggested from new carriers
Characteristics and Requirements:
- 1-3 years' customer service experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent, College degree preferred
- Proven success in the areas of internal and external customer service and communication
- Deals calmly and effectively with stressful situations
- Projects a professional image of oneself and organization
- Ability to critically evaluate and analyze information to make objective decisions
- Proven ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and prioritize day-to-day operations
- Highly organized and detail oriented with strong attention to accuracy and timeliness
- Self-managed and motivated
- Strong problem solving skills with creative approaches
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.