Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
As a Compliance Officer focusing on vendor oversight, you will have the unique opportunity to help shape a rapidly-evolving program within the company which is critical to enabling business growth and organizational objectives. You will be tasked with ensuring compliance with consumer lending regulations as it pertains to vendor management, and will conduct audits of Avant’s most significant vendors.
In order to ensure proper adherence to applicable state and federal rules and regulations and to uphold Avant’s standards, you will work closely with internal business units and with third-party personnel to identify internal weaknesses and to remediate deficiencies discovered during vendor auditing. You’ll put your stellar writing skills to use while producing critical vendor audit reports and other Program documentation, and will be expected to participate in the ongoing management of and improvements to all aspects of Avant’s Vendor Management Program.
This role requires acute attention to detail, strong critical thinking skills, and the ability to execute on identified enhancements within a fast-paced but structured sub department. Avant is looking for an individual who balances the ability to think and work independently with a team player attitude.
You will be expected to work efficiently and effectively with multiple business units and the rest of Avant’s Compliance team; self-sufficiently manage assigned projects on a risk-based prioritization schedule; produce high-quality written documentation, PowerPoint decks, and data sets; and promote a culture of awareness and transparency throughout the organization.
What you will do at Avant
- Conducting comprehensive audits of Avant’s most significant vendors with regulatory and operational risk focus
- Project-managing various established processes in order to power organizational efficiency and mitigate third-party risks
- Identifying strategic new opportunities for improvement relating to third-party risk management, produce plans for implementation, and contribute to the execution of such implementation
- Helping with the automation of established processes and controls
- Liaising with business units throughout the organization to strengthen processes and controls
- Improving and handling the maintenance of Vendor Management records and documentation
- Assisting in the production of Vendor Management reporting
- Assisting senior Compliance leadership in reviewing and, where necessary, providing effective challenge to the business regarding proposed vendor-related business initiatives
- Maintaining awareness of relevant regulations and guidance, including--but not limited to--FDCPA TILA, TCPA, FCRA, ECOA, SCRA, MLA, GLBA, UDAAP, and third-party risk management
- Participating in continuous improvement efforts
- Carrying out other tasks, as assigned
Why You Are a Fit for Avant
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role or honing transferable skills, preferably in a fintech or consumer finance space
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite, with demonstrably strong PowerPoint skills required
- Proven history of taking initiative, working independently, and competently prioritizing work in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in taking assignments and executing both administrative and complex projects from start to finish
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other departments and external parties
- Prior experience conducting audits; with vendor risk management; and/or developing governance, risk management, and compliance (“GRC”) programs and systems preferred
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.