Contact Center Manager (SHIFT: 1230pm - 9pm Sat - Thurs)
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
We are seeking a Contact Center Manager, you will have the opportunity to energize not only our Restaurant Care Specialists in the call center but also our Restaurants! In this role you must leverage your exceptional leadership skills to not only build your team but also develop and coach your team for success. You will also fully support the delivery of the ultimate customer experience by working with your team to manage restaurant wait times, resolve both internal and external restaurant issues, and assist with restaurant transactions as needed. You will model excellent customer service by demonstrating and holding your team accountable for developing expertise and providing the highest levels of professionalism and courtesy to all customers. Additionally, you will utilize a wide range of people and operational management skills to optimize the restaurant and employee experience and maintain the health of daily and long-term goals. Support the vision of Restaurant Care’s call center management team.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Monitor restaurant contacts for performance to ensure interaction and provide ongoing feedback to employees on how to improve quality and service level; ensure compliance with control procedures
- Manage call volume through online reporting and analysis
- Oversee all day-to-day and hour-to-hour aspects of the call center, including active and consistent daily management of employees
- Monitor and manage– Focus on Calls in Queues, Calls Abandoned, Hold Time, etc. services
- Manage team’s daily, weekly, monthly, and long term schedules
- Support department quality assurance program
- Support and manage technology implementation projects impacting the call center
- Generate daily reports of call, email, fax, mail service requests and provide Restaurant Care specialist with performance dashboards
You Should Have
- Must be able to work 1230pm - 9pm off Sunday & Monday
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field of study or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience supervising a call center or similar role; Inbound call center experience preferred
- Demonstrated effective leadership and people management skills, proven ability to effectively develop, coach and motivate employees
- Well versed in contact center specific Workforce Management concepts and tools. Ability to prioritize and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate teams to provide best-in-class customer service
- Proven ability to work well under pressure making sound decisions quickly in a fluid, fast-paced business environment
- Creative thinker with innovative approach to problem-solving
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Prior Google applications, proficiency with statistical reporting (MS Excel), Workforce Management Software, as well as forecasting/scheduling related software packages
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills to collect and interpret data to solve problems
Got These? Even Better:
- Foreign language skills – Mandarin and Spanish
- Prior Google Applications
- Salesforce knowledge a plus and/or other order management systems
- Previous experience with Workforce Management Software and Telephony Tools
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.