Contact Center Manager SHIFT: Sunday - Thursday 12:00 PM - 9:00 PM
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
We are seeking a Contact Center Manager to join our Restaurant Care group! You will have the opportunity to energize and advocate for not only our Restaurant Care Specialists and Leads but also our thousands of Restaurant partners. In this role you must leverage your exceptional leadership skills to support, develop, and coach your team for success. You will also help ensure a best-in-class customer experience by working with your team to manage restaurant wait times, resolve both internal and external restaurant issues, and assist with restaurant transactions as needed. You will model excellent customer service by demonstrating and holding your team accountable for developing expertise and providing the highest levels of professionalism and courtesy to all customers. Additionally, you will utilize a wide range of people and operational management skills to optimize the restaurant and employee experience and to achieve daily and long-term goals.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Supervise the real-time operations for the team, including managing workload and balancing service levels across multiple channels
- Conduct regular one-on-one and team meetings, quarterly reviews, and other checkpoints to provide coaching on both performance metrics and individual development opportunities
- Review overall team and specialist-level data and dashboards to achieve goals and strengthen performance where needed
- Lead process improvements and cross-functional projects, collaborating with Product, Marketing, Accounting, Sales, Workforce Management, Training, Quality, and other Care Operations teams
- Support the department quality assurance program by monitoring contacts and providing feedback to employees regarding customer service skills and policy compliance
- Manage employee schedule adherence and approve payroll every other week
- Participate in the hiring and onboarding process
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure restaurant, driver, diner, and employee satisfaction
You Should Have
- Must be able to work 12PM to 9PM Sunday - Thursday
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field of study or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years supervising a customer service team; inbound contact center experience preferred
- Demonstrated effective leadership and people management skills, with a deep interest in developing, coaching, and motivating employees
- Well versed in contact center specific Workforce Management concepts and tools
- Ability to prioritize and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Robust organizational and time management skills
- High emotional intelligence and a proven ability to work well under pressure, making sound decisions quickly in a fluid, fast-paced business environment
- Creative thinker with an analytical and innovative approach to problem-solving
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Got These? Even Better:
- Additional language skills – Mandarin and Spanish
- Prior experience with Google Applications and Microsoft Office
- Salesforce knowledge a plus and/or other order management systems
- Previous experience with Workforce Management Software and Telephony Tools
And Of Course, Perks!
- Paid Time Off - choose how your time is spent
- Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- 401K with a Grubhub match
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub credit for FREE food
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections