Contact Center Manager at Grubhub
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We are seeking an energetic and driven Manager of Corporate Care to join our evolving Care team. This group provides B2B transaction support for our hungry corporate diners and restaurant partners through multiple contact channels including tickets, emails, and inbound and outbound calls. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Care, a successful Manager enjoys coaching a team and juggling multiple elements in a fast-paced operation.
Are you ready to support a growing department with detailed processes in an ever-changing industry? Take a look at the following questions and see how many you answer yes to:
- Is your schedule flexible?
- Are you an experienced customer service professional and team leader?
- Can you lead and support an agile, fun, and engaged team?
- Do you thrive in the face of new challenges?
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Supervise the daily operations for the team, partnering with other team managers to share responsibilities
- Create a positive, team-focused environment by expecting high performance levels, promoting empowerment and good judgment, and communicating with transparency
- Identify and drive process improvement efforts and cross-functional projects, collaborating often with the Workforce Management, Training & Quality, and various customer-facing teams
- Monitor call center metrics to ensure workforce alignment with company goals and objectives
- Identify and execute developmental opportunities for Specialists and at least one Lead
- Conduct regular one-on-one and team meetings, performance reviews, and other checkpoints to provide coaching and keep a pulse on the team
- Participate in the hiring and onboarding process
- Ensure schedule adherence; approve and submit team members’ payroll
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure diner, client, restaurant and employee satisfaction
You Should Have
- Ability to work Sunday-Thursday (shift will be afternoons)
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years of customer service, support/account management, or technical support experience with 2+ years of experience in a supervisory capacity
- Team-player mentality; ability to collaborate and effectively share ideas with other leaders
- High emotional intelligence, a can-do mentality and a creative approach to problem solving
- The ability to act quickly, be flexible, multitask, and manage frequent changes
- Outstanding written/verbal/interpersonal communication skills (English); multilingual fluency a plus
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in the Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Apps; bonus points for familiarity with Salesforce.com
- Flexibility with your schedule and willingness to work unconventional shifts, including weekends and several holidays throughout the year
And Of Course, Perks!
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.