Contact Center Manager
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We are seeking a Contact Center Manager to join our Restaurant Care group! You will have the opportunity to energize and advocate for not only our Restaurant Care Specialists and Leads but also our thousands of Restaurant partners. In this role you must leverage your exceptional leadership skills to support, develop, and coach your team for success. You will also help ensure a best-in-class customer experience by working with your team to manage restaurant wait times, resolve both internal and external restaurant issues, and assist with restaurant transactions as needed. You will model excellent customer service by demonstrating and holding your team accountable for developing expertise and providing the highest levels of professionalism and courtesy to all customers. Additionally, you will utilize a wide range of people and operational management skills to optimize the restaurant and employee experience and to achieve daily and long-term goals.
The available shift is 12-9pm Tuesday-Saturday.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Supervise the real-time operations for the team, including managing workload and balancing service levels across multiple channels
- Conduct regular one-on-one and team meetings, quarterly reviews, and other checkpoints to provide coaching on both performance metrics and individual development opportunities
- Review overall team and specialist-level data and dashboards to achieve goals and strengthen performance where needed
- Lead process improvements and cross-functional projects, collaborating with Product, Marketing, Accounting, Sales, Workforce Management, Training, Quality, and other Care Operations teams
- Support the department quality assurance program by monitoring contacts and providing feedback to employees regarding customer service skills and policy compliance
- Manage employee schedule adherence and approve payroll every other week
- Participate in the hiring and onboarding process
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure restaurant, driver, diner, and employee satisfaction
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field of study or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years supervising a customer service team; inbound contact center experience preferred
- Demonstrated effective leadership and people management skills, with a deep interest in developing, coaching, and motivating employees
- Well versed in contact center specific Workforce Management concepts and tools
- Ability to prioritize and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Robust organizational and time management skills
- High emotional intelligence and a proven ability to work well under pressure, making sound decisions quickly in a fluid, fast-paced business environment
- Creative thinker with an analytical and innovative approach to problem-solving
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Got These? Even Better:
- Prior experience with Google Applications and Microsoft Office
- Salesforce knowledge a plus and/or other order management systems
- Previous experience with Workforce Management Software and Telephony Tools
*Internal candidates: This is an exempt position. You must be in your current role for 12 months in order to be eligible
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.