Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Discover has grown to become one of the top five direct banks in the United States since its founding in 1986, and today is well positioned to pursue its vision to be the leading direct bank and payments partner. The company issues the Discover card and is a leader in other banking products that include private student loans, personal and home equity loans, checking and savings accounts, as well as certificates of deposit. It also operates the Discover Global Network, which is comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance around the world.
Discover has established a strong track record of performance since becoming an independent, publicly traded company in 2007. For 10 years, it was the top-performing stock in the S&P 500 Financials Index and the company has grown total loans from $48 billion in 2007 to $96 billion in 2019, deposits from $25 billion to $73 billion, network volume from $186 billion to $403 billion, and net income from $0.6 billion to $2.9 billion.
Discover’s performance is driven by 18,000+ employees who are united by shared values and who are committed to making a difference every day for our customers, owners, communities and one another. Thanks to these employees, Discover receives awards and recognition year-in and year-out for innovative products and features, workplace quality, corporate citizenship, and for providing an industry leading customer experience based on 100% U.S.-based customer service.
Drives the organization to increasingly higher levels of performance by elevating the knowledge, understanding and application of lean management principles, practices and tools by teams and their leaders. Operates independently of and complimentary to the DMS (Discover Management System) Center of Excellence (CoE), serving as a champion for lean management transformation and an expert coach and strategic thought partner in lean methodology and principles.
- Provide DMS leadership coaching for Payments Officers and Directors
- Charter, lead, and enable DMS teams supporting Process Management, AWoW, targeted improvements, and other DMS priorities within the business to deliver DMS goals
- Develops and executes a comprehensive lean coaching framework and associated methodology to implement that learning strategy, directly and indirectly leading teams in a large, complex matrixed environment at the executive-level, continually building the capabilities and capacity of our coaching pool and demonstrating success measures for the program.
- Champions the learning strategy on lean methodology for executive leadership that provides a clear educational approach to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to be fully effective leaders, role models and coaches within the core practices of our new way of working, and to drive the maximum business impact from this transformation.
- Engages directly with leaders and teams to provide expert coaching and perspective as appropriate to supplement and enhance the activities of DMS teams as well as the executive coaching program. Develops executive leaders into champions of the program.
- Acts as the subject matter expert and role model to advise DMS CoE leaders in the planning and execution of transformation activities, including means to accelerate the cultural and behavioral change necessary to support the lean management system and core practices.
- Challenges leaders to create an action-biased culture of continuous improvement and accountability to improve their KPI’s, including growth, quality, speed, efficiency, productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Identifies best practices, and serves as a conduit for best-practice sharing across the organization as well as externally through published paper, speaking engagements and conferences. Recognized as a Lean and Agile leader internally and externally
- Manage team of 4-5 Senior Manager individual contributors
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Mathematics or related. Master’s degree preferred
- 8+ years of Continuous Improvement, Process Management, Program Management, Strategic Planning, Performance Measurement or related
- 4+ years of Lean implementation experience
- 1+ years Leadership coaching experience
- Track record as a trusted advisor and business partner - driving business insights, actions, and accountability, with a customer service-oriented attitude
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.