Corporate Strategy Director at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual to join our Corporate Strategy team! The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology, innovation and the FinTech ecosystem. You have a track record of successfully owning Corporate Strategy projects with measurable impact from ideation to close. You are comfortable handling multiple – and competing – projects at the same time, adjusting your priorities on the fly. You know when to sweat the details and when to back off and look at the bigger picture. Long-term, impact is what motivates you, so you are always thinking about how to move things along.
You will help drive Affirm’s strategy and have a significant impact on the company and its future. You will own strategy projects end-to-end, developing insightful analyses and communicating clearly and compellingly. You will be involved in sensitive projects and need to maturely handle confidential information. You will work closely with the members of our leadership team, who rely on you to make thoughtful recommendations and decisions. You will also partner closely with a broad set of cross-functional partners to build trusted relationships and to lead change.
What you'll do
- Lead a range of high-profile / high-impact projects to guide our overall corporate strategy, including review of new market opportunities, competitive analysis, internal optimization areas
- Develop objective analysis and recommendations on our overall corporate strategy along with projections for that strategy, portfolio expansion plays, technology investments, and M&A opportunities
- Be a thought partner and trusted advisor to leadership and cross-functional partners
- Be a subject matter expert on our industry, adjacent spaces and relevant other companies
- Actively shape the growth and development of the Corporate Strategy function and team
What we look for
- 10+ years of experience with a combination of consulting and/or industry experience with a background in strategy consulting, business operations or corporate strategy
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills combined with a practical, quantifiable and structured approach to problem solving
- Strategic experience in fintech highly preferred
- Highly collaborative, with ability to influence and manage multiple partners with complex objectives
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Ability to develop strong trusted relationships and work across all organizational levels
- Outstanding executive-level verbal and written communication skills
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA32
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.