Customer Advocacy Director, Stakeholder Engagement at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
The Customer Advocacy team at ServiceNow identifies, develops and produces customer stories and spokespeople that bring the impact of ServiceNow and the success of our customers to life. Since customer success and stories are central to everything ServiceNow does, Customer Advocacy has an exciting vantage point that connects across product, sales and multiple marketing channels. Our focus is on building and nurturing our robust base of ServiceNow Customer Advocates, and delivering Advocacy services across internal organizations according to their needs.
We’re looking for an experienced marketing professional who will lead engagement and develop lasting relationships with our internal stakeholders across product and industry marketing teams. In this role you will develop strategic plans for each product and industry group and build a strong pipeline of customer advocates and stories to meet business needs and accelerate sales opportunities. You will also build relationships with customers and work with them to share their stories in mutually beneficial ways, including written stories, media interviews and keynote speaking engagements.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Our ideal candidate possesses skills for building strong connections and reciprocal relationships with internal stakeholders and customers. You demonstrate trustworthy partnerships by successfully bridging the needs of product-focused groups with the storytelling services our team provides. You possess project management and operational skills and can communicate effectively. You are passionate about customers and driven to grow them into loyal advocates.
What you get to do in this role:
- Drive the definition, implementation, and adoption of a standardized and efficient collaboration and engagement model for customer advocacy and internal stakeholders
- Build solid relationships and collaborate with stakeholders to develop customer engagement and story development strategies
- Be the focal point for the engagement of product, solutions and industry business priorities and the customer advocacy organization
- Deliver a robust reporting model to track progress and provide insight on how customer stories are being utilized and to validate business objectives ae being met
- Create a scalable and repeatable process for identifying and nurturing customer advocate targets in alignment with go-to-market priorities
- Ensure delivery against program KPIs, including development and publication of targeted customer stories, securing keynote speakers for major events, enabling PR/AR coverage, identifying references for key product announcements and marketing campaigns
- Develop and drive internal planning, communication and reporting processes that ensure alignment and status transparency with key stakeholders regarding customer requests and assets so business stakeholders are comfortable and informed regarding progress with customers
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Proven track record working effectively with customer and internal executives, sales, BU’s and marketing to build strong relationships and achieve outcomes
- Clear understanding of marketing, sales and communications priorities and track record successfully partnering to deliver high impact customer stories
- Experience driving strategy and influencing executive leadership
- Experience with stakeholder engagement activities and change communications best practices in the marketplace
- Ability to approach complex business questions with data and curiosity
- Experience assessing, building, and supporting execution of stakeholder management
- Ability to identify the “below the surface” root cause and the "so what" rather than just superficial trends in order to build out scalable and repeatable processes
- Ability to collaborate and work toward common outcomes via influence vs. hierarchy
- An analytical and strategic approach with a track record of turning ideas into successful action
To thrive in this role, we need someone who has:
- 15+ years’ experience in the information technology and cloud industries in a customer advocacy, customer reference or customer-facing marketing role
- Ability to motivate and influence across the organizations
- Excellent writing, editorial, presentation, and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Self-motivated, can work independently and proactively to resolve issues
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Naturally a driver and a builder; able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Change agent and leads with a growth mindset
- Knowledge of ServiceNow products and solutions a plus
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.