Customer Care Specialist *PART-TIME*
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Is customer service as natural to you as breathing? Are you excited every time you load new apps on your phone or tablet? Can you light up a room with your friendly and engaging personality? Grubhub is looking for tech-savvy food lovers to join our Care organization. As a Driver Care Specialist, you will assist our network of Driver Partners as they deliver orders from busy restaurants to hungry diners - we’re all about making take-out easy! This position requires flexibility, resourcefulness, exceptional listening skills, and a positive attitude.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Support a high volume of contacts through e-mail, tickets, and inbound and outbound calls
- Assist our Driver Partners in collecting, delivering and adjusting orders; this will include communicating with restaurants and customers
- Perform and document real-time updates to orders, driver profiles, and restaurant account settings
- Guide Drivers through Grubhub technology, policies and procedures, and payment questions
- Partner with other Care and Delivery Operations teams in an effort to resolve all driver, diner and restaurant questions and to create overall customer and Driver Partner satisfaction
- Follow set policies and procedures to ensure consistency and operational excellence across the organization; meet and exceed performance guidelines for attendance, quality, productivity, and schedule adherence
- Collaborate with the leadership team to achieve specific contact center goals in our pursuit to provide world class service
- Other duties as assigned by Care or Delivery Operations leadership
You Should Have
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Masterful problem solving skills – identifying root causes, customer needs and providing solutions
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to manage stress – this is a rapidly changing company!
- A good sense of humor and a team-player mentality
- Empathy for hangry diners and corporate client
Got These? Even Better:
- Foreign language skills – Mandarin and Spanish
- Prior Google Applications
- Salesforce knowledge a plus and/or other order management systems
- Previous experience with Workforce Management Software and Telephony Tools
And Of Course, Perks!
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.