Customer Care Specialist
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
As a Specialist, you are responsible for providing world class service to our corporate clients, caterers, restaurants, and your colleagues. In this role you will need to think quickly on your feet and tackle any challenges on this growing team. We need people with a knack for solving tough problems who will focus on delivering exceptional customer service. Through it all, your ability to form a trusted bond, listen attentively, be innovative, provide individualized solutions, and satisfying the ever-changing needs will make you the critical touch point between Grubhub and our valued Corporate Clients.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Thoroughly and efficiently gather Restaurant information, access and fulfill Restaurant needs, educate the Restaurant where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts and document interactions through contact tracking
- Process Restaurant transactions: contract/payment inquiries, change or update account settings, and assist Restaurants with questions and orders via phone, email, fax, and traditional mail
- Respond to Restaurant complaints and service-related inquiries professionally and compassionately and work with Restaurant Care management team to successfully address escalated concerns
- Professionally handle incoming requests from Restaurants and ensure tools and resources are best utilized to resolve concerns
- Maintain a balance between company policy and Restaurant benefit in decision making
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters
- Collaborate with other departments including Customer Care, Restaurant Tech Support, and Data Operations to research and resolve Restaurant and internal inquiries
- Support department quality assurance program by meeting Restaurant Care dashboard performance standards, service response time objectives across all contact channels
- Analyze and report trends from Restaurant feedback, to determine needed process improvements
- Ensure that all business-related items are successfully and professionally communicated either verbally or in writing, both internally and externally
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the Restaurants experience
- Provide back up or assist other departments as assigned
You Should Have
- Flexible hours a must to support our growing business
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus- verbal and written communication
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years of account management or Contact Center based Customer Service
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite experience required, including Word and Excel
- Flexibility to work varied hours in order to meet the needs of our Restaurant’s
- Works well under pressure, able to maintain composure, keep emotions in check, and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Organized, detail-oriented, reliable and dependable; Ability to manage multiple tasks with strong follow through
- Demonstrate passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers both internal and external
- Ability to effectively manage workload, maintain assigned schedule, and attendance standards
Got These? Even Better:
- Foreign language skills – Mandarin and Spanish
- Prior Google Applications
- Salesforce knowledge a plus and/or other order management systems
- Previous experience with Workforce Management Software and Telephony Tools
And Of Course, Perks!
- 18 PTO days - Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.