Customer Development Representative
We here at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that happens to share some DNA (and a sense of humor) with the smash-hit trivia video game YOU DON’T KNOW JACK®, created by Jellyvision's founder. ALEX makes navigating tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits or improving your financial wellness—easier, faster, and more helpful, not to mention entertaining. The success of the ALEX platform has exceeded our wildest dreams, (except for the part right before we woke up where our mom was riding a giraffe), which is why we need talented folks like you to help us help ALEX take over the world…er…continue to grow and succeed.
GREAT, SO WHAT’S THE JOB?
Jellyvision is looking to continue growing a team of Customer Development Representatives within the Account Management division who will be charged with engaging and supporting our growing list of existing SMB and enterprise customers. The team’s goal is to take the enterprise customer success playbook, and develop automated touchpoints that will keep this growing group of customers feeling supported year-round in an engaging and delightful way. Customer Development Representatives will be responsible for calling existing customers daily in an effort to identify new growth opportunities, secure contracts and renewals, as well as respond to questions regarding marketing initiatives, analytics support and general customer inquiries.
SO WHAT KIND OF FOLKS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for recent college graduates with an interest in account management or people with a year or two of sales experience who are looking for the opportunity to get into the world of tech sales. Bonus points if you have experience selling over the phone, but we’re not making it a requirement because we’ll provide a ton of coaching and mentoring here at Jellyvision. Please note that this isn’t a role for senior sales folks.
In a nutshell, we’re looking for people who are:
- Comfortable on the phone. This role requires picking up the phone and talking to people who know Jellyvision but don’t know you. You’ll have a quota based on the number of meetings you set along with number of customers who renew their existing contracts.
- Happy to be a part of a team. Everyone in the account management department has individual and team goals. We are looking for people who want to hit their numbers, but also fit well with the team. You’ll work closely with Account Managers and Associate Account Managers as you help identify opportunities for growth.
- Driven and motivated. This is a role where you’ll be encouraged to do great work by everyone around you, and you need to be up for the challenge. Our amazing team will help make sure you have the tools to ace the job, but ultimately your success will be determined by your hard work and dedication.
- Curious. You’ll be constantly re-evaluating your approach when you hear “no” in response to your pitch or fail to receive responses to your email communications. So we’re looking for the kind of people who enjoy learning – folks whose curiosity will lead them to sales blogs, relevant psychological research, networking events, etc. that will help them constantly up their game.
- Confident, not cocky. At the end of the day, we’re a humble crew. Our product and our company mission is about helping people, and you’ve got to have the right amount of wit and Jellyvision charm to earn our customers’ trust. You’ll have to insert personality into all of your reach-outs, and still have the gravitas to get on a call with VPs and Directors alike.
- Hardworking and Eager. We need individuals who like to learn and enjoy being busy, and are willing to jump in, lend a hand, and overall take initiative when it comes to new projects, tasks and duties.
- And last but certainly not least: you should be genuinely interested in building a sales and account management career. If you’re hoping this is your foot in the door at Jellyvision to become a Writer or Graphic Designer or Massage Chair Enthusiast, this role will not be a good fit. We’re looking for folks who want to knock the socks off the Customer Development Representative role and move on to more senior account management positions within Jellyvision.
ANYTHING ELSE? We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, so we only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
ARE THERE ANY PERKS? Yes, we love perks.
- Competitive pay, 401(k) with matching and benefits. We pay 100% of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance for our employees (as long as you qualify for our tobacco-free discount; if you’re a tobacco user, your medical premiums will be higher than $0). We also cover a really nice chunk of the cost of premiums for spouse/dependent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Casual dress and a flexible schedule. Come in a sweatshirt, jeans, whatever, like everyone else here.
- Creative work environment. We are lucky to work in a place that is full of intelligent, talented and innovative folks. Although most hours the place is deathly quiet (we're a focused bunch), this is punctuated with hilarious outbursts and general merriment, which makes a nice way to spend the day.
- Charitable match and events. Like giving back? Like eating dips/baked goods and listening to music? JV matches up to $100 per employee to a single charitable organization once every calendar year! We also find fun ways to give back as a community to a variety of organizations that are important to us, by putting on charitable events such as bake sales, dip fests, battle of the bands, where all the money collected by our people goes to the organization that is being promoted! Giving back is important to us, so why not do it in a way where we can eat goodies?
- Free food. Every week, we stock our kitchen with free healthy snack foods, and we have a catered lunch every other week to give people a reason to hang out and eat together.
- Easy transportation and lots of love for folks who bike to work. We’re really close to the North/Clybourn red line stop and the Halsted (#8) bus (right by the Apple Store and Mega Whole Foods too), and we have a transit FSA that allows you to dedicate pre-tax dollars to public transportation expenses. A number of our employees like to bike to work, so we also have bike storage, showers and lockers in the office. And for those without their own bike in the city, we offer free divvy memberships – complete with Jellyvision bike helmets you can borrow from the office.
- Did we mention our yoga and meditation classes? We bring a pro instructor right to the office. Fully subsidized by Jellyvision and fully optional, btw.
- Oh! And we have a massage chair. Not just any massage chair, my friend. It’s the Renew 2 Zero-Gravity Massage Chair by Brookstone®. Feeling a little stiff? Sit down. Relax. Feel better? Good. Okay, back to work.
AND HOW DO I APPLY?
We look forward to hearing about you and what you do. Make sure your application includes:
- A cover letter that highlights three reasonsyou think you’d be great for the gig, focusing on how your past experience has prepared you for this kind of position. Writing is key to all we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily. We love a cover letter that really shows usyour personality (check out our company biosto see the wide range of personalities we’ve already got in house), but don’t stress if you’re not a comedian. You don’t have to be funny. Just be yourself. We’re mostly interested in learning who you are, what you love to do, and why you’d love to do it here with us.
- Your resume
You will receive an auto-reply confirming that we've received your application.
Please know that every single application we receive is read by a real live human being. However that kind of thoughtful review takes time, so it may take us a little while to get back to you (but we will, we promise). In the meantime, NO FOLLOW UP PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS, PLEASE. It’s not that we don’t love hearing from you. It’s just that time spent responding to follow ups could be spent…well…reading your application. Please rest assured that if you received a confirmation from Recruiting Robot, we’ve got your application, and will get back to you really soon. We knew you’d understand.
If you still have pressing questions in the meantime, please feel free to check out our handy-dandy FAQ page!
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!