Customer Experience Associate - Tuesday to Saturday at Home Chef
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:21 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, February 1, 2022
Founded in 2013, Home Chef is the leading meal solutions company with both a retail and online presence. Available online at homechef.com and in retail at more than 2,100 Kroger grocery stores, Home Chef is committed to inspiring and enabling more people to cook simple, delicious meals, no matter how busy they are.
Similar to our recipes, we recognize that variety is the spice of life, and therefore, our employees also bring their uniqueness and color to our fantastic team. We’re eager to work with humble team players and pragmatic next-level thinkers to innovate on Home Chef’s offerings.
While most of us continue to work remotely, our newly renovated headquarters at the Old Post Office is open for voluntary return to work. Our organization is closely following the evolving COVID-19 pandemic and will share updates on our 2022 return to the office plan as soon as any decisions are made.
Do you love to go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction? Do you have a desire to help others and solve problems? We're looking for a Customer Experience Associate who wants to be a part of a growing team in the booming meal kit industry.
- The schedule is Tuesday- Saturday
- Start date: February 28th
- The compensation for the position is $31,200 per year ($15 an hour)
- You have a real passion for helping Home Chef customers and possess excellent customer service skills
- You must be able to work in a team environment and individually to serve our customers’ needs
- As a Customer Experience Associate, you will serve as the front line of communication between the company and our customers
- Associates will respond to customer issues, complaints and inquiries via phone, email, and chat
- You will act as a brand ambassador by being an expert in our product and sharing it with our customers
- Respond to customer inquiries promptly and thoughtfully
- Assist customers in managing their Home Chef accounts
- Strive for first-contact resolution with each interaction
- Engage positively with customers sharing their Home Chef experience
- Provide timely responses to tickets across all channels—less than 60 seconds for chats, less than 24 hours for emails
- Provide an extraordinary, full life cycle customer experience to our users through phone, email and chat support
- Anticipate customer needs and go above and beyond to ensure an efficient, seamless customer experience
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure consistent and seamless services to Home Chef customers
- Be an expert on our product—keeping up to date on new features and weekly changing menus
- Share themes and feedback from customers with the team to contribute to product improvements
- GED required; Bachelor's degree (preferred)
- Prior experience in Customer Support or related position
- Positive approach to customer communication, as well as team collaboration
- Proven communication skills – both verbal and written
- Can type a minimum 40 wpm
- You are comfortable responding over the phone, on video calls, or in person
- Dedication to excellence in hospitality and/or customer service
- You naturally enjoy working with people to solve problems and build group morale
- Comfort with a fast-paced dynamic environment that will evolve rapidly
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
How We Work Together
We are humble team players.
We are warm and gracious with team members and customers. We seek feedback to improve ourselves - and respectfully listen to and accept input.
We are pragmatic next-level thinkers.
We come up with novel and unique ideas. We explore new strategies to avoid being constrained by conventional thinking.
We take ownership.
We approach ambiguous problems, prepared to dive in, get curious, and learn more. We are results-driven, always challenging ourselves to exceed goals.
Be at Home at Home Chef
We all show up authentically at Home Chef. Our team includes individuals with a variety of identities, backgrounds, and perspectives. You can trust that you’ll be able to bring your whole self to an inclusive and enjoyable workplace.
We welcome people of all races, colors, religions, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disabilities, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Home Chef is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Home Chef will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected]
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant notice click here