Customer Service Associate at Farmer's Fridge
Schedule: 5 days a week
Shift: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Part Time to Full Time
Location: Corporate Office
Farmer’s Fridge started with an idea in Chicago: make fresh, healthy food as accessible as a candy bar. Our handcrafted meals are delivered daily to over 200 smart fridges and can be conveniently purchased with a credit card or using our app. This is only possible because of our team of people: techies, logistical geniuses, folks who lovingly curate the food among many others.
Our people are friendly and are gifted with grit and passion. That’s exemplified in our work environment where things are always shifting. Forget open-door policies; we have an open layout where you can hear and see everything that’s going on.
And just like our open layout, we value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on those characteristics, our business’ needs, and your qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind — in the hiring process or in the workplace.
Check out our BuiltIn Chicago page to see what it’s like to work here: https://www.builtinchicago.org/company/farmers-fridge
About this job:
You will be our voice to our customers. In fact, you may be the only human interaction our customers have with Farmer’s Fridge! You will be the liaison for our customers; providing quick solutions while also relaying their ideas and problems so we can continually improve from the inside.
- Answer about 10-15 calls and 80 emails a day regarding purchase issues and answer general questions
- Work closely with your manager and cross-functionally with all teams, especially Menu, User Experience and Tech
- You’ll have the freedom to test different approaches with our customers to see what resonates and has them returning for another meal!
- Success will be measured by the number of satisfied customer resolutions you facilitate
- Empathetic. Customers need to feel heard and come away feeling great about us because of your interaction with them.
- Flexible. You roll with the punches. Long established plans change? That’s cool with you! We’re a quickly growing start-up and the most pervasive quality of our people is adaptable.
- Problem Solver. Customers might surprise you with their concerns and it’s up to you to provide a solution AND to use that information to guide us on a path of continuous improvement.
- Passionate. Your mission is to respond to customers quickly, build rapport, and resolve their issues so that they can enjoy their meals. You have to be driven to make things right.
- Collaborative. You won’t be alone! We’ll work as a team to figure out a lot of this stuff.
Necessary knowledge, skills and experience:
- 2+ years customer support experience (restaurants, retail, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Traditional benefits for full-time hourly: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 10 paid floating holidays
- Generous paid time off policy
- Daily Farmer’s Fridge meal provided
- Regular team celebrations for company milestones and other special events
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures
You will receive an auto-reply confirming that we've received your application. Thanks for your interest in Farmer’s Fridge!