Customer Service Manager at Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best!
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers.
The Customer Support Manager (CSM) provides intense and appropriate customer focus and satisfaction during the delivery of Motorola’s Lifecycle Service products. The CSM manages government contracts with responsibility for successful delivery of Service products for Local government customers. Manages the relations with external partners responsible for delivering Service products to customers. Responsible for contract renewals, proposals, accurate forecasting, development of Statements of Work, and meeting P&L and receivables goals; overseeing contract P&L performance including meeting Service billing and cost performance goals. Responsible for marketing sophisticated / integrated service programs to multiple layers within customer organizations and works closely with the direct and indirect Sales teams. The CSM is responsible for the development of service account plans and profiles, goals and strategies within assigned accounts. Major emphasis includes developing customer relationships that will position Motorola for Service growth throughout the designated customer base. Must be willing to travel throughout the designated region.
- Provide customers a single point of contact for Customer management and ensure service delivery and Service Level Agreements (SLA) compliance.
- Work with customers to discuss concerns and drive corrective actions to closure.
- Manage and maintain services scope as per services contract and ensure customers understand their obligations in regard to service deliverables.
- Ensure that Customers receive appropriate and timely reporting as required by the Services Contract.
- Manage sub-contractors deliverables and adherence to agreed scope and outcomes.
- Manage product quality issues as needed (FSB’S)
- Engage as needed in the case management process to ensure proper service delivery
- Assist partners and vendors as needed with payment and billing issues
- Identify and implement areas for improvement to ensure improved service quality and best practice delivery.
- Ensure all operational documentations remain up to date and relevant.
- Manage third party vendors as needed
- Manage contract change management as needed.
- Assist Senior CSM’s with management of the MR assigned service contracts
- Work with National System Service (NSS) for contract loading, renewals, and service contract change order requests.
- Gather and provide Booking Packages to NSS for contract loading
- Work closely with the Motorola Program Manager (PM) to provide a smooth transition from project implementation to warranty support and service delivery.
- As a part of this process, the CSM ensures that there are clearly documented support/service expectations and processes for the customer. They seek to understand customer expectations and needs to ensure that their operational requirements are identified, properly supported, and if not what additional services can be proposed.
- Work with customer and field teams to create and/or update existing Customer Support Plans (CSP)
- Create customer and service provider Statements of Work
- Execute contract documents and obtain customer purchase orders
- Manage the service contract renewal process for all assigned lower complexity service agreements; including but not limited to customer inventory updates, SOW updates, CSP updates, 3rd party vendor pricing updates / changes,
- Installation Agreements (write-up, obtain PO, and manage)
- Lead and manage the coordination of variation and other change request response and implementation of approved changes.
- Oversee the change implementation into service delivery operations in coordination with Customer.
- Work with customers on up-sell / cross-sell
- Participate in the forecasting of revenue and margin related to Maintenance Agreements, Work Tickets, and Installs.
- Achieve stated on time contract renewal goal
- Achieve stated services growth goal for assigned contracts
Travel 25-50% within local territory
Must live within the Las Vegas greater Metro area
Motorola Solutions product experience a plus
- Associates/Bachelors and 2-4+ years of Customer facing positions, Services, Public Safety, or Wireless industry experience.
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Travel RequirementsUnder 25%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.