Customer Service Operations Team Lead
About This Role:
The Team Leader leads a group of Customer Service Representatives by coaching, mentoring, leading, guiding, and supporting their team. The Team Leader functions as a Subject Matter Expert that leads by example. In this dynamic leadership role your first responsibility above all others is to coach and mentor your team, motivating the team to provide an exceptional customer experience on every call. In addition, the Team Leader will review and create reports, performance manage staff, and ensure policy and process is followed. The Team Leader is a dynamic leader who focuses their efforts on motivating their team and coaching for continuous improvement.
We are looking for customer service champions – teammates who know how to help others deliver an amazing customer experience.
- This is a full-time, exempt position
- Maintain the highest level of customer service delivery by supervising the tasks and responsibilities of all assigned staff
- Be a Subject Matter Expert for the line(s) of business that assigned employees support
- Ensure all customer interactions (call, email, chat) are executed in a professional and courteous manner that follows the policy and processes of the company
- Maintain accurate documentation in required systems
- Supervise Team productivity
- Ensure that assigned employees adhere to assigned schedules (including breaks, lunches, and activities like meetings or assigned training)
- Ensure superior customer service delivery by coaching, developing, training employees, and providing feedback to employees on areas of improvement and development.
- Conduct effective Team Meetings
- Handle escalated calls in a professional and customer focused manner.
- Strive for First Call Resolution on calls. Provide feedback or suggestions to improve processes and First Call Resolution.
- Responsible for delivering progressive disciplinary action for attendance, performance, and all aspects of company policy up to and including termination.
- Knowledge, understanding, compliance, and enforcement of company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for team’s overall performance and for motivating team to meet / exceed department goals and objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Perform 1 hour of phone time per week at a minimum
- Build and maintain professional relationships both with internal teams as well as with client teams.
- Participate and present information in internal management and customer meetings
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop others as well as document coaching on company forms or systems
- Experience managing performance and instituting performance management plans
- Ability to motivate, inspire, and lead others
- Comfortable organizing and leading individual and group meetings
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with internal stakeholders and external customers
- Strong Microsoft Office suite product skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of call center performance metrics
- Effective problem-solving skills
- High levels of integrity
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to juggle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
Experience and Education
- 3-6 years of experience of related, progressive work experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading individuals and/or a team
- Customer Service Leadership experience a plus
- Travel Requirements: None/Very Minimal