Customer Service Team Lead (Residential)
The Operations Team Lead is a senior member of the Customer Service Operations team responsible for ensuring effective and quality team performance by the Operations Specialists reporting to them and delivering a service that meets or exceeds customer expectations. They are a key interface to the client in the event of dispute or escalation and a point of expertise on the use of the One by SMS Assist technology platform. This role is a first point of entry into a management role in the Customer Service career track.
Manage and Develop Customer Service Representatives:
- Train, develop and manage their respective team and its members.
- Carry out daily performance management of all the Operation Specialists in the team.
- Monitor and ensure that their team is compliant with the guidelines of the SMS Employee Handbook and departmental requirements.
- Serve as the main point of contact for ensuring Operation Specialists adhere to proper time and attendance and scheduling/overtime regulations and procedures.
- Collaborate with their own, and the broader Operation Specialist teams, to discuss their business on a regular basis, including organizing and conducting regular meetings to ensure efficient operations of their team.
- Consistently communicate strategic initiatives of the department to front line Operation Specialists, including reasoning and justification for such initiatives
Internal and External Relationship Building:
- Play a key relationship building role both as an internal liaison between Operation Specialists and other departments and as a key contact for external customers and vendors in case of any escalation.
- Facilitate any necessary information with their Operations and Site Directors.
- Communicate any process or performance concerns to Managers on a timely basis.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate internally with the Service Delivery and QA teams, and act on feedback accordingly.
- Use expertise in the scope of work for clients within their area to ensure their team’s understanding of the scope of work.
- Train others on the company’s systems and processes.
- Provide Management Information data as required
- Fosters a positive team environment
- Acts as a role model for professional behavior and performance at all times
- Ensures confidentiality of internal and external data
- Performs ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Customer Service - PROFICIENT
- Verbal Communication - PROFICIENT
- Written Communication - PROFICIENT
- Teamwork – PROFICIENT
- Relationships – PROFICIENT
- Organizational Awareness - PROFICIENT
- Learning Agility – PROFICIENT
- Analysis - PROFICIENT
- Problem Solving – PROFICIENT
- Process Orientation – PROFICIENT
- Prioritization - PROFICIENT
Role Specific Skills
- Computer Skills: proficiencies in: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required
- Previous experience (> 4 years) in customer service call center environment required
- Previous team leader experience preferable
- One by SMS Assist knowledge and proficiency
People Management Skills
- Proficient in basic people management processes
- Proficient in leading a small team on a day to day basis, within a broader organization
- Education Level – Undergraduate degree / internship