Customer Success Manager, Public Sector - State & Local (Central) at DocuSign
Customer Success Manager, Public Sector - State & Local (Central)
Customer Success | Remote-North America (Austin, Texas)
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
The (High-Touch) Public Sector CSM is a strategic consultative role responsible for a portfolio of customers; ensuring their lifetime value and usage of DocuSign. The CSM works closely with key cross-functional teams, including Sales, Account Management, Partner Success, and Professional Services, and will define, develop and execute effective customer adoption strategies that support their customer’s specific industry and use cases and business outcomes. The role supports DocuSign’s strategic imperative to accelerate customer adoption, use and time to value. The Public Sector/Government CSM will work with DocuSign’s state & local government customers and SI partners to understand current state and business objectives/goals. From there, the CSM will then recommend and program manage a customized set of strategies, including strategies selected from a menu of DocuSign’s full Customer Success organization’s portfolio offering (e.g. Professional Services, DocuSign University, Adoption Consulting). The CSM must be able to understand government programs and cross-walk that understanding into winning DocuSign adoption strategies. The CSM can discuss and advise on core functionality and features beyond the fundamentals, to help the customer achieve specific business results and maximum value. Working with resources across the Customer Success organization and sales, the CSM may recommend specific complimentary and for-fee solutions to help customers achieve desired outcomes. They ensure best practices are adopted for product use. The primary focus of this role is adoption and usage of the DocuSign products, with the aspiration of supporting increased value for customers and financial growth and expansion for DocuSign. While an understanding of SaaS Customer Success principles is important for this role, we are looking for candidates with a consulting and/or government background who have recently made or are looking to make a move into a role in SaaS/High Tech. Previous experience managing customers to successful outcomes is a requirement for this role.
This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to the Manager of Customer Success Management, Public Sector.
- Serve as thought leader, customer advocate and partner to DocuSign’s most strategic customers
- Develop and execute success plans in collaboration with Sales, SI partners, and Customer Success, to reflect a holistic path to a modernized Agreement Cloud
- Analyze usage patterns to provide insights and guidance
- Liaise between customer and internal teams at DocuSign
- Gain consensus with key customer stakeholders
- Measure the results of executed strategies to determine their efficacy
- Drive cross-functional opportunities for adoption growth
- Deliver adoption-related insights and readouts of specific customer outcomes
- Propel execution of “Success Plan” and associated customer interactions
- Identify customer resource requirements and dependencies and address gaps
- Collaborate and communicate with Sales/Support to ensure alignment on plans
- Drive transparency of current execution states for the assigned portfolio
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- More than 8 years of customer-facing experience managing to successful and proven outcomes
- More than 5 years of SaaS experience
- Experience with enterprise platforms such as ECM, Document Management, Contract Management, or BPM systems
- Project management, business process reengineering and change management methodology knowledge and/or first-hand experience
- Management or implementation consulting background, preferably in government space
- Lean basic coursework and/or methodology use in practice
- Salesforce and Gainsight experience
- MBA or MPA
- State & Local government Expertise: Experience working in or with state & local customers in a technology and/or programs capacity.
- Data Analytics: Learn and use data and analytics. Background in leveraging analytics through a variety of tools to inform and execute customer strategies.
- DocuSign Product Aptitude: Strong understanding of and/or aptitude for learning fundamentals of product / platform features and capabilities, common customer applications, and solution marketecture.
- Interpersonal Skills: Strong verbal and written communications skills. The ability to interact effectively at all levels of an organization and cross functionally; influence and advocate on behalf of the customer.
- Strategic Thinking: Think strategically and identify creative solutions to meet customer needs and opportunities.
- Flexibility: Ability to anticipate change and proactively adjust priorities and strategies accordingly. Ability to work both in a team, and independently, to make the best decisions for our customers.
- Proven record of meeting performance goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to conduct value analysis around ROI
- Self-motivated, highly collaborative, creative, goal- and growth-oriented, and team-centric
- Ability to build effective strategy (both with our customers and internally) and couple it with execution
- Ability to interact with and influence all levels from individual contributors to executives
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.