Customer Success Manager
Hello, we’re Built In
Built In is the most powerful online recruiting solution for tech companies across seven U.S. markets. The network of Built In sites provides an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at the innovative products and cultures of today's top tech companies. Currently HQd in Chicago, Built In operates sites in Chicago, Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston and Seattle.
By working at Built In, you’ll have the chance to work directly with the latest and fastest-growing technology companies all around the country. We help other companies solve their biggest pain points — talent and awareness — with our employer branding and recruitment solutions.
We’re looking for a Customer Success Manager
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) partners closely with Account Managers (AM) to ensure Built In’s Customers achieve a significant return on and drive business success with their Built In investment.
The CSM will support our users within assigned accounts, to ensure effective new user and product onboarding and engagement on BI products and solutions.
How you’ll contribute
- Partner with the AM to execute on the operational and product utilization related goals of the Customer
- Create Success Plan by providing user-focused training, onboarding, and engagement
- Partner with the AM on prioritized accounts in order to drive overall customer adoption, enhance customer success, and mitigate customer churn risk
- Work cross functionally with other departments in the company like content writers, event managers, project managers, product team, etc to ensure delivery of customer objectives
- Ensure successful onboarding of new accounts and new users by setting objectives which result in basic product functionality and provide advanced training in order to develop existing users
- Maintain healthy customer engagement levels by identifying low utilization and providing solutions to further drive customer success
- Identify and provide product education and ongoing onboarding needs through analysis of engagement metrics and drive best practices
- Expedite technical and purchase-related escalations
- Act as a trusted advisor to the end users and key stakeholders to drive product adoption and ensure they leverage the solution to achieve agreed operational priorities, leading to full business value
- Maintain an understanding of Built In products and tech industry knowledge to effectively drive greater customer engagement on the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs
- Host regional and segment specific webinar series for end-users to ensure customers are provided with additional education to fully optimize use of Built In Products
- Document all communication with users and accounts accurately and in a timely manner via system tools (ie Salesforce, AirTable, etc)
- Interpret customer insights to drive change in product and act as voice of customer the Product team
- Provide best practices to help drive user behavior and adoption in product and map Built In solutions to existing customer workflows
- Celebrate customer wins when customers are using the product well
What you need
- BS/BA degree from a 4 year college or university
- 4+ years of Customer Success, Account Management, Training and/or Recruiting experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and technical aptitude
- Excellent organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Experience analyzing data, trends and client information to identify product or service growth opportunities
- Proficient in Salesforce & Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skill with ability to build authentic business relationships and deal effectively with relational challenges as they come up
- Willing to travel approx. 25%
What we value
- Communication - You should have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to establish credibility and trust. Honesty, transparency, and thoughtfulness are a must.
- Interest in and knowledge of the digital industry - You must be passionate about three things: (1) technology (2) building innovative digital products and services; and (3) helping companies grow. This is what we do.
- Getting the job done – You may need to work some evenings and weekends, and responding to customers outside of work hours. If you are passionate about the company and what you are creating, this will not appear as a job but yet a combination of life and work.
- Culture add – We treat each other and all members vital to the community with respect. Humility, selflessness and strong work ethic are requirements.
- Education - We value intelligence, personality, experience and overall fit over a degree.
Built In is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.