Customer Success Manager at Morningstar
The Group: The Information Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our clients. The group’s product management, product development, and service teams collaborate with our Client Solutions group to help provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
The Role: Morningstar is seeing Customer Success Managers for both the Morningstar Direct and Morningstar Office teams.
As a Direct Customer Success Manager, you will provide superior service to institutional investment software clients and users. This role will interact extensively with clients at asset management, investment consulting, insurance, wealth management, and plan sponsor companies that use Morningstar Direct and other institutional products. Our client solutions consultants combine a thorough understanding of Morningstar’s products with strong investment knowledge and business acumen to help clients make the most of our products. This position requires occasional client-facing travel within an assigned territory and is based in the Chicago, New York, San Francisco, or Boston areas
As an Office Customer Success Manager, you will manage relationships with a wide range of new and existing financial advisors using the Morningstar Office product. You will provide world-class support and service to our clients by understanding how our clients use our solutions to drive their business, train clients on the product, and assist them in implementing the product into their day-to-day business. You will also work closely with sales counterparts on client retention and additional revenue opportunities. This position requires occasional client-facing travel within an assigned territory and is based in the Chicago office.
- Educate clients about our institutional software, focusing on data, functionality and features; as well as on industry trends.
- Identify opportunities within existing accounts, participate in account reviews and provide initial product demonstrations.
- Develop account strategies with Sales and identify new user groups and business opportunities, which will help Morningstar meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Responsible for converting product trials into subscriptions, promoting product usage, and maximizing client retention by helping companies integrate our products with their workflows.
- Demonstrate superior product knowledge and consultative account management skills.
- Provide valuable feedback and insight to the product team and developers.
- Interact with Morningstar’s data operations group, product managers, and internal service consultants to resolve client issues in a timely manner.
- Contribute to market research, marketing and promotional events, and other projects as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree or the equivalent is required; business, mathematics, engineering, or related majors are preferred.
- Familiarity with Morningstar Direct is desirable; expert product knowledge is preferred.
- A deep customer service focus and strong attention to detail.
- Possess a minimum of three years of customer service, training, or sales experience.
- A quantitative aptitude, strong knowledge of the institutional investment market, and a proven ability to build long-term client relationships.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present to clients with sophisticated investment knowledge and business experience.
- Prior experience supporting financial practices or financial software solutions is desirable.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.