Kazoo is the only all-in-one people management solution in the market that takes recognition, engagement, and performance and delivers them in one powerful platform. Through its Recognition & Rewards, Performance Management, and Surveys offerings, Kazoo is an award-winning, employee-first solution that increases productivity, retention, and revenue, and enables companies to build a purpose-driven culture of high engagement and high performance. With over 500 global customers, the Kazoo platform puts actionable analytics in the hands of business leaders, connecting them to what really matters. Kazoo is when work is working.
Our approach is employee-driven, not top-down. We built our platform, and our company, with a promise to give employees what they need to deeply engage in their work and with their colleagues, and to drive results for the company. Our focus is on building teams, cross-functional collaboration, and purposeful perks. We practice transparency, provide a culture of continuous feedback, and promote regular service to our community.
Overview of the role:
If you are talented, detail-oriented, passionate about problem-solving, and have a knack for building relationships with customers and developing scalable processes, then we want you to join our Customer Success team. Our primary focus for our employees and customers is to foster happiness at work and enable employee engagement through the use of our software.
Our ideal candidate has led complex customer relationships, has a deep understanding of software implementation, and understands how to build customer service processes and practices that will scale and grow with the business. This role will lead all levels of customer implementations and ensure customer relationships are win-win and will continue long-term. This role has a huge impact on customer retention. We serve to make our customers look good with their employees so exceptional service is a priority. Work fast, make quick yet informed decisions, have fun, connect with smart people, and leave feeling energized for more!
What you’ll do:
- Kickoff new projects by uncovering and mapping the customer’s pains and objectives to create best practices that lead to maximum impact for all parties on launch day and lead on-boarding processes.
- Complete, communicate, and align on Program Process and all subsequent project plans for customer launch.
- Anticipate risks and barriers to pre and post-launch customer engagement with the Kazoo software.
- Conduct alignment meeting with customer, internal product team, or engineering team to brainstorm new solutions in the face of new challenges.
- Lead large-scale customer meetings with an average of 5-8 key customer stakeholders to prep for launch and ongoing success.
- Shift and adjust approach based on new developments.
- Digest, evaluate and communicate messages across internal and external stakeholders.
- Own project direction and achievement of success criteria, and proactively identify and manage risk areas.
- Ensure proper internal alignment and customer communication to keep all deliverables on track.
- Work with Kazoo design team to ensure custom marketing and branding work is on-target with customer brand, culture, needs, etc.
- Anticipate and address issues that may arise and find solutions that exceed customer expectations.
- Be the customer’s trusted advocate and voice within Kazoo.
- Synthesize product feedback from recent customer scoping and effectively communicate to Kazoo product team.
- Collaborate and communicate across Kazoo and your customer teams to ensure we meet and exceed success metrics.
- Manage important customer relationships.
- Deliver a scalable, efficient, friendly customer service function to all end users.
- Resolve issues that cannot be resolved with first-line support.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business Administration, Organizational Psych, or similar.
- 2+ years’ experience in Customer Success, Account Management and/or Consulting Services.
- Skilled at building strong relationships with key stakeholders of various levels across large and complex enterprise organizations.
- Experience with change management and development of processes that drive efficiency, effectiveness, and clarity for all parties.
- Direct experience working in a startup environment, it’s a major PLUS if you've been part of a startup that grew into a much larger, thriving organization.
- Act as a customer advocate; be able to identify and champion customers’ needs across a variety of industries for both internal and external teams.
- Fancy yourself a quick learner, able to embrace new technology and industry knowledge quickly.
- Basic understanding of software implementation best practices.
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 11 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.