Customer Success Strategy & Operations Manager at Paro
The Strategy and Operations Manager will play a critical role on the Customer Success team. The candidate will be responsible for providing actionable data, reporting and insightful trends along with thoughtful recommendations in order to make performance improvements and transformational changes within Customer Success and the broader organization. This role will work closely with the Head of Customer Experience to drive impactful initiatives and tactics that will have a positive experience on the clients journey with Paro. The individual will work independently as well as collaboratively across the team and other departments to execute on programs, processes and policies that will have a profound impact on the business overall. Finally, this role will be executing a number of operational tactics and programs on behalf of the department, both internally and cross functionally.
We help growing companies gain confidence in their finances. Paro matches businesses with the highest vetted bookkeepers, accountants, financial analysts, and CFOs who provide remote, on-demand, hourly support when clients need it. We only accept 2% of applicants into our highly curated network of experts, so clients know they’re working with the best of the best.
Ultimately, our mission is to empower business professionals to pursue meaningful work on their own terms. We provide freelancers with a platform to grow and manage their book of business, along with tools to predict their future earnings.
Working at Paro
Join us as we build the future of work and make finding perfect-fit talent as simple as buying a product online. A mass migration to the freelance economy is already underway, and many leading analysts predict that 50% of the workforce will be freelancing by 2025. We are backed by Revolution Ventures, Sierra Ventures, FJ Labs, and other leading investors and angels, and we are on the path to disrupting the $500+bn antiquated finance/accounting industry.
We value taking smart risks and having each others’ backs. We welcome challenges, and we are rigorous in ensuring all voices are heard. We are open to understanding each other’s experiences and communicating effectively together. We work hard, but we also want every employee to enjoy the journey. We work collaboratively, do the right thing, never settle and put our best work into everything we do. We believe our teams deserve to be surrounded with others who can be their authentic selves at work while driving forward the future of work with Paro.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What you will do
- As the CS Strategy and Operations Manager, you'll be the point-person responsible for driving analysis, business insights and operational execution across many fronts throughout the organization that will influence a positive client experience
- Provide analytical data to the Head of Customer Experience that will be shared with key stakeholders on program highlights, initiatives and key drivers of the business
- Discover and evangelize new use cases for the customers, helping them to deepen and expand their usage of the platform and their relationship with Paro
- Help the CS Team manage customers who are at different points on the account lifecycle, uncover insights and provide data driven decisions to improve retention and growth strategies
- Identify opportunities to develop new training materials designed to ensure successful client onboarding, support business-wide adoption
- Engage in internal product discussions, translating customer usage and feedback into actionable insights and feature ideas
- Become a SME - gain a deep understanding of the hub operations and product in order to speak knowledgeably about it to our internal teams as well as leadership
- Work cross functionally (marketing, finance, data, analytics) to develop solutions to address client needs and the needs of our CS Team
- Support business development by acting as an SME of our service and product
Benefits at Paro
- Competitive salary + commissions + stock options
- Parental Leave
- Comprehensive benefits package offering including: Medical (BCBS), dental, vision insurance, 401(k), etc.
- Flexibility to work from the office or remotely (as needed)
- Unlimited PTO – we trust you
- Company Holidays – in recognition of 10+ federal holidays each year
- Unique Paro Holidays to rest & recharge for one day each month when there isn’t a company holiday (minimum time off)
- Great River North office location, steps away from public transportation
- Pet friendly office
- Casual office environment
At Paro, we pride ourselves on our strong value-oriented culture—which we created together as a team—and look to bring on new team members who also embody these values.
Enjoy the journey
We bring energy to an antiquated and stale industry
We embrace fun
We don’t take ourselves too seriously
Have each other’s backs
We are a team; we win together and lose together
We can handle anything
We feel confident to take risks because we serve as each other’s safety net
We are a community, not just a workplace
Do the right thing
We don’t cut corners; we take a long-term view of success
We deposit in the Karma bank
We are loyal to clients and freelancers
We are transparent and don’t hold ulterior motives
Take Smart Risks
We believe that trying and failing is better than not trying at all
We think creatively about obstacles
We challenge assumptions
We are nimble
We invent new ways to do what we do
We want to be comfortably uncomfortable and encourage each other to take on new and more challenging projects
We are each accountable for every team member being their best and push each other and give others permission to push you
We bring our whole selves to work; we're cool with who you are, professional and otherwise!
We recognize that everyone brings something important to the table and that conflict helps us grow
We are sensitive to our differences; we value being yourself while making space for others to be themselves
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion as we grow