Customer Success Team Lead at Paro
The Customer Success Team Lead will play a crucial role in the continued success, growth and transformation of the Customer Success Team at Paro. The role will continue to perform frontline client service activities, but will assume a leadership role in managing the team, providing necessary direction and be responsible for managing ongoing initiatives and processes that will ultimately lead to exceeding of all revenue objectives for the team and Paro. This role will also be responsible for stepping in to assist with client escalations, discount requests, Freelancer disruptions and transitions.
We help growing companies gain confidence in their finances. Paro matches businesses with the highest vetted bookkeepers, accountants, financial analysts, and CFOs who provide remote, on-demand, hourly support when clients need it. We only accept 2% of applicants into our highly curated network of experts, so clients know they’re working with the best of the best.
Ultimately, our mission is to empower business professionals to pursue meaningful work on their own terms. We provide freelancers with a platform to grow and manage their book of business, along with tools to predict their future earnings.
Working at Paro
Join us as we build the future of work and make finding perfect-fit talent as simple as buying a product online. A mass migration to the freelance economy is already underway, and many leading analysts predict that 50% of the workforce will be freelancing by 2025. We are backed by Revolution Ventures, Sierra Ventures, FJ Labs, and other leading investors and angels, and we are on the path to disrupting the $500+bn antiquated finance/accounting industry.
We value taking smart risks and having each others’ backs. We welcome challenges, and we are rigorous in ensuring all voices are heard. We are open to understanding each other’s experiences and communicating effectively together. We work hard, but we also want every employee to enjoy the journey. We work collaboratively, do the right thing, never settle and put our best work into everything we do. We believe our teams deserve to be surrounded with others who can be their authentic selves at work while driving forward the future of work with Paro.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Work closely with the VP of Customer Experience to drive execution and high performance standards for the team.
- Run thorough analyses on critical, urgent, and wide-ranging topics both specific to this team, but also applicable to the broader organization. Provide a data driven approach to solving for ongoing client challenges and churn.
- Be an advocate for the client and continue to evangelize the Voice of Customer (both client and expert) across the organization.
- Maintain the ability to extract data from Looker reporting, analyze in Excel and Google Sheets, then contextualize answers for Customer Success Account Managers and leadership.
- Work collaboratively with Expert Operations, Product, Marketing and Sales to initiate or flawlessly execute on strategies and programs for the benefit of Customer Success and the client journey.
- Be familiar with all processes and platforms in Salesforce, G-Suite, Looker, the Paro platform
- Own forecasting and planning for all aspects of the CS team (project completions, account health, etc.) Manage the monthly client fixed and hourly recurring and one-time projections across the entire team
- Provide insight and clarity into day-to-day management of the CS team with particular emphasis on account health measurement, ownership of performance metrics tracking, selection and updating of focus accounts based on client cohort data, and development of triggers and automation wherever possible.
- Use all the data available to you to inform what actions should be taken by individual CSMs (services & features to promote, behaviors to encourage, etc.)
- Responsible for driving continuous improvements and overall responsibility for CS performance.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3-6 years of customer success/account management experience analyzing structured and unstructured data with a goal of informing business decisions
- Mastery of Excel, Looker, G-Suite, and Salesforce
- Strong business acumen. Can find the right data to answer an ambiguous question, craft a thesis, write a narrative, and communicate it to non-technical peers
- Able to work well with Sales, Product, Marketing and other Operations teams to solve cross-functional business problems
- Comfortable constantly learning new processes, approaches and seeking out new ways to improve existing processes
- Experience navigating complex workflow processes, tight timelines, and changing teams
- Extremely detail oriented and organized - able to juggle multiple channels of communication
- Acting as the customer liaison on most matters including troubleshooting, escalations, reporting, and general communications. Interprets customer demands/feedback and owns the solution
- Demonstrating strong customer focus by listening to, recognizing and responding to customer input in an effective, timely and courteous manner
- Conduct regular customer meetings, ensure contractual deliverables are met and customer satisfaction objectives are achieved
- Ensuring that all work is performed with a high level of quality, efficiency and efficacy
- Taking initiative as problems and opportunities arise by anticipating and meeting customer needs and company expectations
- Ownership of key continuous improvement and/or standardization projects across the organization.
Benefits at Paro
- Competitive salary + commissions + stock options
- Parental Leave
- Comprehensive benefits package offering including: Medical (BCBS), dental, vision insurance, 401(k), etc.
- Flexibility to work from the office or remotely (as needed)
- Unlimited PTO – we trust you
- Company Holidays – in recognition of 10+ federal holidays each year
- Unique Paro Holidays to rest & recharge for one day each month when there isn’t a company holiday (minimum time off)
- Great River North office location, steps away from public transportation
- Pet friendly office
- Casual office environment
At Paro, we pride ourselves on our strong value-oriented culture—which we created together as a team—and look to bring on new team members who also embody these values.
Enjoy the journey
We bring energy to an antiquated and stale industry
We embrace fun
We don’t take ourselves too seriously
Have each other’s backs
We are a team; we win together and lose together
We can handle anything
We feel confident to take risks because we serve as each other’s safety net
We are a community, not just a workplace
Do the right thing
We don’t cut corners; we take a long-term view of success
We deposit in the Karma bank
We are loyal to clients and freelancers
We are transparent and don’t hold ulterior motives
Take Smart Risks
We believe that trying and failing is better than not trying at all
We think creatively about obstacles
We challenge assumptions
We are nimble
We invent new ways to do what we do
We want to be comfortably uncomfortable and encourage each other to take on new and more challenging projects
We are each accountable for every team member being their best and push each other and give others permission to push you
We bring our whole selves to work; we're cool with who you are, professional and otherwise!
We recognize that everyone brings something important to the table and that conflict helps us grow
We are sensitive to our differences; we value being yourself while making space for others to be themselves
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion as we grow