Customer Support Specialist at Buildout, Inc.
Everything we do at Buildout starts and ends with our people, and our customers are an important part of our community of people.
In our company we value Team, Customers, Product, Improvement, and Profit. When we say we value the Customer, it means that we commit to creating an exceptional experience at all stages of the customer journey for the humans who we do business with. Our efforts speak for themselves - we are one of the few SaaS companies that has negative net churn. Our Support team plays an important role in upholding our values by helping keep our customers at the center of everything we do.
The Support Team takes great pride in providing our customers timely, efficient, and friendly assistance. As a member of the team, you will troubleshoot and analyze customer emails and live chats to provide them with an effortless customer experience. You should be driven to help customers and have the curiosity to dive deep into an ever-changing product to learn it inside and out. Providing a Buildout Quality customer experience requires patience, empathy, and the desire to continuously polish your skills and grow.
Are you a self-starter who wants to contribute fresh ideas, refine existing processes, and are passionate about helping customers and building relationships? We’ve got a great culture, and we’re looking forward to you adding your own influence to all that we do.What You’ll Bring to Buildout
- This is a highly valued entry-level role so you should have 1-2 years of work experience. If you’ve worked in a tier 1 customer support role, that would be helpful but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and organization skills with the ability to manage varied client requests
- Experience with JIRA, Zendesk or other customer support tools would be helpful but it’s not required
- Most of your day will be spent working through customer inquiries via the support email queue or live chat sessions.
- You’ll listen to our customers in order to provide solutions which address their root problems
- Based on the customer’s specific need, you will decide what method of communication will be most helpful for the customer, whether that means sending them links to help center articles (some that you will get to create when there are new features or updating frequently asked questions), creating personalized visual instructions with GIFs or screenshots, transferring them to a live chat, or setting up a screen-share session
- Occasionally, you’ll work alongside other departments, on behalf of our customers, to resolve issues, gather feedback to improve the product, or QA new features
- Educate and empower our customers to become more comfortable using the platform
Of course what is outlined above is your ideal day-to-day, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Buildout has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles may not be remote long-term and may return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.What We Value
- Team: We achieve more as a team than apart, so we wholeheartedly commit to listening, empathizing, and giving the benefit of the doubt to our team members. We commit to inclusion by accepting people as individuals and valuing who they are. Teamwork Makes the Dream Work™.
- Customers: We listen to and support our customers across our teams. We believe that customer service is in every job description and commit to delighting our customers.
- Product: We live by Q=PUE (n. pooh): Quality = Polish x Understanding x Engineering. We seek to empathetically Understand the problem and always ask “why.” We iteratively Engineer great solutions. And we patiently Polish the result to get to Buildout Quality.
- Improvement: We focus on making a significant impact by taking steps to improve ourselves, our company, and the lives of our customers.
- Profit: We effectively create value as a company, which brings in profit that practically powers our Team, Customers, Product, and Improvement.
Buildout is the software used by top commercial real estate companies to power their marketing and brokerage operations. Learn more about who we are, what we do, and why we’re changing the face of CRE tech on our website: https://buildout.com/.
We also built a benefits program to match the quality of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including fully paying your monthly premiums.
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Beautiful and convenient offices in Downtown Chicago
- Most importantly, a wonderfully quirky culture with a committed and supportive management team invested in your growth and development
Buildout is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Below, you will be asked to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). It is required by law that we ask these questions using the format provided by the EEOC. However, we want you to know that at Buildout, we understand hat gender is not binary and welcome people of all identities. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here to view our Equal Opportunity Employment Poster.