Customer Support Specialist at Built In
Hello, we’re Built In
Built In is the most powerful online recruiting solution for tech companies across seven U.S. markets. The network of Built In sites provides an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at the innovative products and cultures of today's top tech companies. Currently HQd in Chicago, Built In operates sites in Chicago, Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston, Seattle, and San Francisco.
By working at Built In, you’ll have the chance to work directly with the latest and fastest-growing technology companies all around the country. We help other companies solve their biggest pain points — talent and awareness — with our employer branding and recruitment solutions.We’re looking for a Customer Support Specialist
As our first Customer Support Specialist, you will be responsible for working with the Manager of Technical Solutions to build, refine, and implement the customer support process. You will work internally with customer success, account management, and the product team to help support customer retention, growth, and happiness. You will be responsible for resolving customer issues and proactively identifying improvements to the product. In this role, you will also help build, implement, and refine the customer support process. In short, the entire role is to deliver a happy, satisfied, referring customer while learning from the customer to improve Built In. You must be comfortable working at a fast pace, treating the “job” as your own business, and thrive on learning daily.How you’ll contribute
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to create a repeatable customer support experience across various channels (email, chat, and occasionally calls)
- Partner with Manager of Technical Solutions to create customer support’s standard operating procedures
- Standardize troubleshooting procedures for commonly seen issues and develop documentation that’s easy to understand for customers
- As a Senior leader in the CS Org, you will lead by example for future customer support specialists and the CS Org as a whole to ensure the organization is improving.
- Effectively resolve and/or escalate all customer support tickets via email, chat, and Zoom calls (if requested) in an accurate and timely manner utilizing strong interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to match technical complexity with the appropriate audience
- Create alternative or unique solutions on technical scenarios when needed to help customers meet their goals
- Contribute ideas to overall company strategy and product roadmap by proactively identifying and reproducing bugs and determining high-impact opportunities to enhance Built In products and services
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all Built In products and services to assist with document creation and other customer projects as necessary
- Maintain accurate records of all activities and interactions in Salesforce
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years’ experience with front-end technical/customer support – specifically with SaaS solutions
- Working knowledge of web technologies (CSS, HTML, HTTP, APIs, etc.)
- A solutions-oriented mindset with the ability to create memorable customer experiences and explain technical problems succinctly and clearly
- A passion for customer support and the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful
- Empathy for customers, and a passion for helping them.
- Excellent independent work and problem-solving attitude in a constantly changing and frequently ambiguous environment
- Team player with a strong sense of ownership and get things done attitude
- Strong project-management skills, including great attention to detail
- Diplomacy and grace under pressure.
- Understand success analytics and are comfortable sharing your success metrics and being held to goals.
- Past experience building processes that resulted in better outcomes for the business
- Eager to be part of a growing organization and the challenges that come with it
- Experience with Salesforce, Drift, Zendesk, and Jira
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.