Customer Support Specialist at Built In
Built In is on a mission to unite technology professionals with their purpose. We do that through the power of content. Today, over one million registered users and 4.5 million technology professionals use our platform every year to learn about innovative companies, new technologies and further their careers.
The caliber of audience we’ve cultivated means that over 1800 companies--from the hottest tech startups to Fortune 500 companies undergoing digital transformation-- trust us to share their employer brand story and fill the technology roles that drive their strategy.
Because we can help employers find hard to recruit talent, our B2B side is thriving. In addition our users are finding great jobs and advancing their careers and knowledge of the tech world with Built In. That means we are rapidly growing our product and technology footprint as we are committed to building the leading SaaS product for employer branding and talent activation.
With venture funding of $30M to date with a $22M Series C raise in 2019, we are poised to disrupt recruiting for hard-to-fill roles and help technologists find their dream jobs--in their city, around the country or completely remote. If you are looking for an award-winning culture, have a desire to help people find their calling and want to be part of building best-in-class technology, Built In might fulfill your purpose.We’re looking for a Customer Support Specialist
As a Customer Support Specialist, you will be responsible for resolving customer issues and proactively identifying improvements to the product. You will help the technical solutions team to build, refine, and implement the customer support process. You will also work internally with customer success, account management, and the product team to help support customer retention, growth, and happiness. In short, the entire role is to deliver a happy, satisfied, referring customer while learning from the customer to improve Built In. You must be comfortable working at a fast pace, treating the “job” as your own business, and thrive on learning daily.How you’ll contribute
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to create a repeatable customer support experience across various channels (email, chat, and occasionally calls)
- Help standardize troubleshooting procedures for commonly seen issues and develop documentation that’s easy to understand for customers
- Effectively resolve and/or escalate all customer support tickets in an accurate and timely manner utilizing strong interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to match technical complexity with the appropriate audience
- Create alternative or unique solutions on technical scenarios when needed to help customers meet their goals
- Contribute ideas to overall company strategy and product roadmap by proactively identifying and reproducing bugs and determining high-impact opportunities to enhance Built In products and services
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all Built In products and services to assist with document creation and other customer projects as necessary
- Maintain accurate records of all activities and interactions in Salesforce
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years’ experience with front-end technical/customer support – specifically with SaaS solutions
- Working knowledge of web technologies (CSS, HTML, HTTP, APIs, etc.)
- A solutions-oriented mindset with the ability to create memorable customer experiences and explain technical problems succinctly and clearly
- A passion for customer support and the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful
- Empathy for customers, and a passion for helping them.
- Excellent independent work and problem-solving attitude in a constantly changing and frequently ambiguous environment
- Team player with a strong sense of ownership and get things done attitude
- Strong project-management skills, including great attention to detail
- Diplomacy and grace under pressure.
- Understand success analytics and are comfortable sharing your success metrics and being held to goals.
- Past experience building processes that resulted in better outcomes for the business
- Eager to be part of a growing organization and the challenges that come with it
- Experience with Salesforce, Drift, Zendesk, and Jira
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Be Inclusive, Always.
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to apply to roles only when they check every point on a job description. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of qualifications and this role is aligned with your career trajectory.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Built In is guided by principles of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). We are committed to this work over the long-term, but here’s some of what’s in place today:
- We have five thriving ERG groups: Built In For The People, BuiltOut, United We Parent, Womxn United in Tech and Built In Tribe.
- We have a dedicated Director, HR + Inclusion who oversees our DEI roadmap, which provides our annual metrics, goals and initiatives.
- We are proud to be led by a female CEO and founder.