Customer Support Specialist at Reverb
Reverb is the largest online marketplace dedicated to buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
We believe that music makes the world a better place, which is why our mission is to make the world more musical. Through Reverb Gives, a portion of every sale provides youth music education programs across the world with instruments they need to make music.
Reverb is looking for a genuine music-gear obsessive to help moderate our rapidly expanding community of musicians. We live for our customers and their success stories, which is why we empower our Customer Support Specialists to flex their creative muscles to come up with innovative solutions tailored to our users’ specific cases. Our Customer Support team supports all users as they buy and sell on the site, arbitrating disputes between different users, and working to prevent fraudulent and suspicious activity.
While we do provide Reverb specific training, customer service experience is a must as this position will largely involve communicating with our customers via email, chat, and phone. Please make sure to share with us what customer service means to you in your application!
- Assisting customers with day-to-day needs through email, chat, and phone.
- Brokering resolution in the event of disputes between buyers and sellers.
- Leveraging content, self-help articles, Reverb features, and your knowledge of our policies and procedures to recruit new buyers and sellers to the site.
- Keeping a constant, vigilant eye on all site activity.
- A myriad of other tasks that come with a startup environment and a rapidly growing business.
- Previous experience in a solution-oriented customer service role.
- Experience providing support via a live chat service like Zendesk Chat
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of music gear brands, models, and history.
- The ability to learn new programs, type quickly and generally multitask on a computer.
- Ability to work full-time hours, as well as evenings and weekends.
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A generous PTO policy that includes vacation, sick/mental health days plus 11 paid holidays and two floating holidays.
- 18 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Paid sabbatical program
- Ways to give back to your community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant and resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We know that the impostor syndrome and confidence gap are real. Please do not hesitate to apply!