Customer Trainer at BenchPrep
We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. We incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history, having achieved significant growth year-over-year and nearly doubling in employee size! The number of learners on our cloud-based learning platform has reached 6 million in 2019, up 30 percent versus the prior year.
We’re committed to helping students learn better, and that starts in our own office.
About the role:
As the first member of our Customer Learning function, the Customer Trainer role is responsible for enabling our diverse customer base to achieve more with BenchPrep. You’ll partner with internal teams to design and develop effective, scalable training solutions for our customers through the BenchPrep platform. This could include creating written content, producing videos, leveraging innovative technology solutions and/or hosting live virtual sessions with customers.
Some challenges you’ll tackle:
- Develop scalable, long-term training strategies & programs
- Become a BenchPrep platform expert
- Implement effective & efficient processes to create and publish high-quality training materials
- Collaborate with internal teams to write, script, produce and create training material
- Translate BenchPrep’s features & functionality into relatable training sessions
- Ensure complex and technical features are approachable to a wide range of audiences
- Establish a strong voice and training style/templates to ensure consistency
- Host in-person training sessions
- Influence BenchPrep’s product roadmap as a new stakeholder with training specific use cases to solve
About the team:
Our Customer Operations Team is passionate about ensuring our customers make the most out of the BenchPrep platform. We work hard to deliver an exceptional level of service to our customers and are passionate about driving a great customer experience.
- Have 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing education or training role
- Have proven experience with customer education/training in Enterprise SaaS for a complex product
- Have hands-on experience and working knowledge of a variety of eLearning development tools - learning management systems (LMS), content authoring tools, content management systems (CMS) etc
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Have experience collaborating with diverse teams
- Be highly organized, tech-savvy and resourceful
- Be able to build and own our training “playbook” instead of following it
- Be a quick learner who can work and deliver effectively in an ever-changing startup environment
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We tend to eat our (free) lunch together - not because we have to, but because we want to. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility - both in work/life balance, but also everyday in operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, we have all the La Croix and snacks that you’d expect to keep you moving. It’s no wonder we were selected in Inc’s Best Workplaces of 2020 and Crain’s 2020 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.