Data Center Technician
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation – we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- Cabling: Daily installation and oversight of all network and storage patching for new systems including maintenance of appropriate documentation for all pathways and labeling of all connections
- Installation: Daily installation of all IT servers, network hardware and related components to manufacturer specification
- Space assignment: Provision exact space assignments and maintain documentation for each IT device and all related components ensuring proper operation and appropriate expansion space.
- Power assignment: Provision exact power assignments and maintain documentation for all rack mounted and floor mounted devices maintaining appropriate power distribution and utilization.
- Cable plant design: Work with hardware owners to understand project requirements and select, document and order appropriate solutions to meet connectivity and density needs.
Impact You'll Make:
- Practical knowledge and work experience with Structured Cabling and the layer 1 infrastructure including racking and stacking and other physical demands.
- Must have a disciplined approach to managing task assignments, good people skills, good judgement and flexibility.
- Team Player with the ability to work autonomously and responsibly in a mission- critical Data Center environment.
- Must be flexible with work schedule as needed including nights, weekends, holidays and on-call schedule.
We'd Love to See:
- Must have Strong communication skills
- Proficiency with basic operations of a PC is necessary, proficiency in MS Office and Outlook preferred
- Able to understand installation specifications
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.