Design Studio Director at Rightpoint
Rightpoint, a Genpact company, is the digital consultancy with technology at its core. We design and engineer end-to-end experiences that help our clients succeed at the speed of innovation. Rightpoint serves more than 250 Fortune 1000 companies. We've partnered with brands like 3M, Sanofi, Chamberlain, Grant Thornton, Six Flags, Johnson Controls, Aon, B&H, and Abbott, just to name a few. Rightpoint has 500 employees across 10 offices. Check out our Sizzle Reel showcasing some of our latest work here. For more information, visit rightpoint.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we're searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
We are looking for a Design Director of our Design Studio in either the Chicago or Boston office. As the Design Studio Director, you will lead the studio nationally as well as support solution enablement and sales/business-development pursuits. This role will work with DigOps and Design leadership team to create an experience lead DigOps Solution and Delivery. Your background should include progressive experience in a Design/Creative Production Studio or Managed Services delivering work that includes visual design, user experience, and content design with all aspects of it within the modern digital landscape.
You are an expert at recognizing and fostering great work and talent, you develop and nurture ideas, and collaborate across disciplines with ease. You are a true change agent and seek out new ways to strengthen the organization as a whole by constantly exploring ways to innovate around design, content, and delivery. You can understand and articulate various perspectives on Design Studio offerings and how it ties to the greater offering throughout the agency to different audiences as well as in collaboration with cross-functional leadership teams to identify opportunities to drive business value.
You have led multi-disciplinary teams and are comfortable giving UX, Design, and Content feedback in support of the overall experience strategy. You know what makes work excellent and transformational – and you have the portfolio to prove it.
Additionally, you've been part of or lead the build of a new solution or service offering from the ground up. In order to generate demand, the successful candidate will need to plan and execute a solution/service offering enablement across RP. Proven experience and track record of executing sales pursuit plans from qualifying sales leads, to putting together proposals, and onsite sales pitch would be a huge plus.
What you need to have:
- 10-15 years Agency/Consulting experience with proven multi-year leadership experience within Design/Creative Production Studio or Managed Services
- Experience leading and nurturing client relationships on assigned accounts
- Ability to identify additional opportunities for current accounts partnering with account team members
- Relevant experience acting as a thought leader for key accounts for planning sessions, guidance or critical meetings
- Strong strategic thinking abilities and demonstrated success in leading teams in executing established strategies
- Excellent leadership skills, both in leading internal teams to best-in-class solutions and when partnering with clients
- Experience leading, mentoring and growing design teams within Design, UX, Content, and beyond
- Ability to lead projects and teams, while at the same time being excited to also roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty in the work (we are a very hands-on company at all levels).
- Superior communication, time-management, relationship management, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proven ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Experience in proposing and selling Design/Production Studio, Digital Operations, Managed Services and related services through aspirational storytelling
- Experience with Website, CMS, or Content Marketing Platforms
- Design education or equivalent experience
- Proven experience providing business development support for key sales pursuits to drive growth
- Demonstrated ability helping to manage staffing and co-create project plans considering team strengths and growth opportunities
It's also great if you have:
- A great online portfolio that showcases multiple types of projects and solutions of your direct work and can explicitly demonstrate your contributions
- A tireless desire to learn driven by curiosity
- A great collaborative attitude
- A pixel-perfect design sensibility
- Tight typography chops
- Demonstrated ability to apply design best practices
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and Invision
- Ability to prototype your ideas with fresh thinking
- Ability to clearly articulate your point of view utilizing visual storytelling
- A burning passion for art and science
- Phenomenal presentation skills
- A history of actively engaging in public speaking, judging, teaching, or other industry activities
- Ability to serve as an internal evangelist – informing and educating an organization internally on Design and its value, or any other specific process or offering to gain understanding or adoption
Who We Are
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led organization driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We're a start-up at heart and we're able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
- Top Workplace Awards: Chicago Tribune – 5 Years!,Dallas Business Journal, Chicago Timmy Awards, and Crain's Business Detroit
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of "Fastest Growing Companies," 4 Years!
- Best Charitable Organization/Non-Profit Website – Webby Awards
- Top Partners with Microsoft, Sitecore, and EpiServer
- Google Developers Certified Agency – 4 years running!
- #23 on BuiltInChicago's 100 Best Places to Work list!
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- Flexible PTO
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great insurance coverage and flexible spending accounts
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, etc.
- Bi-Weekly Catered Lunches
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you geek out about, we bring people together to make great work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.