Desktop Support Analyst (Tier 2 Support)
Can a help desk role actually be both helpful and fun?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Groupon's Information Technology team may not be the obvious hero of Groupon's success story, but we enable that success. Thousands of people need to feel confident that their tools work, and that's where we shine. As a member the Platinum Global Support Services team, you will offer insightful recommendations and provide real-world solutions to challenges that save the day!
We’re seeking a passionate, customer savvy IT support rockstar to lead our Bay Area team from our Palo Alto office with primary support to the three Bay Area offices. Working in this role, you will interact with and support employees daily to provide solutions to a variety of technical requests. This will occur both in person and via our ticketing system. You will spend time resetting passwords, adding members to groups, and solving basic Apple, Windows, and Application issues via phone, and also providing white glove support to our company executives. Lastly, you will also learn about IT at scale, having an opportunity to learn, grow and advance your career.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- 2-4 years of experience working in a desktop support environment, saving people’s e-lives along the way
- Experience in managing support requests through a ticketing system, using clear and detailed communication
- Familiarity with managing users and permissions through Microsoft Active Directory
- Professional, relevant examples of your ridiculous attention to detail and excellent customer service skills
- Enterprise Mac and Windows desktop support experience for 300+ users
- Application Support for Microsoft Office, Google Apps, McAfee Antivirus
- Ensure SLA’s are being achieved or exceeded
- Assist the Corporate MultiMedia Team with conferencing setups and remote hands
- Primary Desktop Break/Fix resolution team
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.