Desktop Support Tech, Zoro
Company Summary: In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 300+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products.
The Desktop Support Technician’s role is to support and maintain Zoro’s laptops, desktops, and peripherals. That includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all Zoro equipment while ensuring optimal performance and uptime. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via support ticket) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future organizational hardware needs
- Conduct research on, and make recommendations for, products in support of procurement and
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user and network hardware,
peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, software, and other products in order to deliver required desktop service levels
- Collaborate with IT team members to ensure efficient operation of the organization’s desktop
- Receive and respond to incoming support tickets regarding technology issues
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of this position
- High School diploma or equivalent, and/or 1-3 years work experience in related field
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting PC and Mac laptop and desktop hardware
- Experience using an ITSM ticketing system to track and resolve incidents
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Strong customer service mindset
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience administering Active Directory, G Suite, Atlassian tools, and other software vendors
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
- Experience troubleshooting VoIP phone systems
- ITIL Framework experience a plus
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.