Digital Assortment Lead at Peapod Digital Labs
Browse the Aisles-
This position is accountable for delivering a superior understanding (competitive advantage) of company, customer, industry, and category trends and strategies at the highest level, and manage/mentor a team of associates that will be dedicated to brand specific e-assortment support. The role is also will work with other e-commerce teams in the translation of the analytics into clear and actionable insights that are delivered to the brand assortment leads and brand merchandising teams. This role will materially influence the success of the organization merchandising and marketing strategies by linking strategic insights about customers' overall shopping behavior to what must be done at the category/vendor negotiation level.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Clearly and consistently articulates the needs of the customer in each ADUSA brand in the area of assortment. This requires building the fact set and determining those customer needs with a group of cross-ADUSA merchants to ensure alignment.
- Aligns with brand leaders on a common definition of "optimal assortment" for all customer needs - click and collect and home delivery.
- Leads the development of science and tools that house the science, that help expeditiously arrive at optimal by category by local ADUSA brand. This includes working with senior leads from 3rd parties as well as multiple internal stakeholders at ADUSA
- Leads the immersion of PDL resources into the category reset process in each ADUSA brand focused on optimizing assortment by category by shopping method - click and collect and home delivery. This means making sure that PDL is on top of the key innovation being added in each geography, optimizing base assortment in each reset and making sure the needs of the e-commerce shopper is at the forefront of all decisions.
- Leads the development of a common set of measures that are put in place for each of the ADUSA local brands to find ways to continuously learn and improve - science, tools, choices and process.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Masters Degree strongly preferred
- At least 10 years of retail and e-commerce experience
- Experience managing a functional teams of at least 6 associates
- Strong experience and understanding of consumer packaged goods, retail category management, as well as eCommerce best practices
- Background in business intelligence tools and digital content management
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Analytically minded with strong logic and organizational skills
- Ability to both “play” and “lead” at the same time – highly technical and able to self-direct.
- Aptitude to assess and analyze internal & external data points & insights, managing, facilitate & deliver focused opportunity targets and vendor negotiation opportunity.
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!