Digital, Customer Service Representative (Bilingual)
Helping our customers have amazing experiences is the heart of everything we do.
Are you the kind of person who can step into the shoes of an unhappy customer to calm them down? Are you a pro at multitasking? Do you enjoy working on complex customer problems? Then you should read on.
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Our Customer Service (CS) teams play a vital role in Groupon’s brand value and reputation by providing support to our current and future customers. Whether it's over chat, email, or phone, our teams handle customer queries (big and small) to help solve problems and diffuse tricky situations.
The Digital Customer Service Representatives are responsible for the direct and indirect communications with customers on Channels such as: (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Tumblr, Wordpress, Instagram, etc), Groupon Q&A pages and community forums. This position requires a strong balance of customer service know-how, suave PR moxie, and comfortability making difficult judgment calls with customers 1:1 but also via public digital environment.
In addition to the digital services, there will be a strong focus on Value Added Service (VAS) such as customer Engagement & Growth (specifically for our Spanish speaking North American customers). Part of you daily tasks will be activation treatments to prospect and new customers. Additionally you will focus on inbound and outbound retention treatments to at risk customers. Finally, you will also contribute to our growth initiatives by providing relevant deal recommendations and upsell customer on other revenue generating solutions
- Provide support for all digital channels for our Groupon customers.
- Service all user-generated content in line with company policy for each digital community.
- Resolve customer issues on digital community pages and our CRM system.
- Collect data and track all communications in our CRM system and Social Media tool.
- Manage the Executive Response Team (ERT) queues.
- Identify and escalate urgent and/or potentially damaging issues to stakeholders
- Collaborate with other departments to report trends, address poor customer experiences, and coordinate improvement plans
- Adeptly de-escalate negative situations, hide inappropriate/spam messages
- Route issues to appropriate PR, Fraud, and other teams
- Engage with positive comments providing educational and/or revenue generating content, including deal recommendations and refer a friend program
- Publish content, alerts, and relevant information to our customer base on CS owned social community pages
- Drive Value Added Service (Engagement & Growth) with a specific focus on the Spanish speaking North American customers.
- Provide activation treatment to prospect and new customers. Treatment will include providing welcome messaging, issue resolution, education on working with Groupon and relevant products/benefits, providing policy exceptions and incentives with the end goal of activating this segment and setting them up to become future high value customers
- Provide inbound and outbound retention treatment to at risk customers. Treatment will include diagnosing root cause issues, resolving issues, offering products/solutions and in some cases, offering incentives with the end goal of retaining and re-engaging customers.
- Provide relevant deal recommendations and upsell customer on other revenue generating solutions including loyalty programs and Groupon+.
- Bilingual Spanish-English
- 1+ years experience in customer service and/or contact center sales with high performance
- Excellent writing and language skills
- Tier 2 level representative; this translates to strong problem solving and consultative skills (empathy, active opportunistic listening, able to assess customer mood/temperature, conduct needs assessment, able to position the pitch/recommendation, able to Probe/Rebuttal/Handle objections and excellent in time management)
- Excellent 'Social Media' Cultural Reading Comprehension and Writing Style for English and Spanish
- Excellent track record of meeting or exceeding goals
- Skills, Competencies and Required Knowledge (Certifications, Languages, Training)
- Demonstrate strong grasp of Social Media platforms, etiquette, and emerging trends
- Comfortable in high-pressure situations requiring public correspondence
- Possess the ability to identify potential negative engagement and provide quick resolutions
- Ability to thoroughly comprehend and utilize internal Groupon CS processes and policies
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.