Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers over 5 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 450 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $600 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
The Manager of Digital Merchandising Strategy is responsible for developing and executing onsite category merchandising and customer experience strategies for key categories that represent approximately $100M-$200M revenue/year.
- Develop category growth roadmap and execute strategic customer-experience enhancements
- Serve as the Category Subject Matter Expert and demonstrate deep category knowledge in 1) Shopping Behavior 2) Customer Insights and 3 )Product Knowledge
- Optimize product findability allowing customers to effectively and quickly search and navigate to the right product on Zoro.com
- Collaborate cross-functionally to optimize product assortment, develop Marketing Channel landing page strategies and customer vertical experiences
- Increase key category metrics including: add-to-cart, conversion, revenue, bounce rate, reduction in pageviews to ATC, LTV, RPV and AOV by using customer analytics to test and improve on-site merchandising, product taxonomies, onsite navigation and category search experience
- The role reports directly to the Sr. Mgr, Merchandising Strategy and will have no direct reports
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop category level strategy and framework, to grow product category performance including: optimized product presentations, navigational hierarchy, attribute facets, onsite search relevancy, competitive research and deep understanding of customer category buying behaviors
- Drive personalization through enhancing recommendation strategies, feeding relevant accessory and cross-sell data as well as executing recommendation tool tests
- Develop and report quarterly on category performance including actual vs. goal, tactic & strategy execution, analytic insights and key action items
- Lead content optimization efforts by working closely with Specialists and Content Teams
- Optimize the navigation experience including: conducting user and competitive research, implementing tests, analyzing shopping behavior and executing hierarchy changes
- Optimize the search experience by monitoring category search trends and performance, improve product data to bring back most relevant results, merchandise result sets including re-directs and biasing as well as manage facet display
- Consistently collaborate with teams across the organization to grow category including but not limited to: Product, UX/UI, Analytics, IT, Pricing and Acquisition
- Regularly present company-wide and to leadership on category insights, performance and lessons learned
- Manage key Zoro projects and initiatives by coordinating stakeholders, keeping projects moving and driving follow-through from start to completion
- Merchandise primary and enhanced content based on tiered prioritization including images, videos, product reviews and buying guides
- Marry customer needs with online/eCommerce category merchandising best practices, and help define best in class customer/category online experiences through constant test/learn/optimize strategies
Drives Customer Experience:
- Enhance the customer experience by improving how customers find and buy products from a prioritized set of revenue driving categories
- Drive Sales, conversion, and AOV by improving the presentation of products across the customer’s onsite experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 yrs. experience in eCommerce merchandising or on-site product ownership
- Advanced knowledge of creating custom reports in Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics or Site Catalyst
- Advanced knowledge of product information management systems (PIM) and content management systems (CMS)
- Strong drive and determination to see projects through from concept to execution
- Learning and teaching mindset with a strong desire to find new ways to improve the customer experience
- Strong working knowledge in applying data to drive strategies and business decisions
- Ability to influence stakeholders and cross functional partners
- Experience creating and executing Merchandising Roadmaps
- Adaptability to changing working conditions and priorities
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects effectively
- Demonstrates the Zoro Values of Transparency, Ownership, Winning and Losing Together, and Customer Obsession
- Advanced, holistic knowledge of ecommerce environment
Final note: We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.