DIGITAL TECHNICAL ANALYST at Cat Digital
JOB PURPOSE: Develops, integrates and/or supports in-house and purchased application or infrastructure solutions to solve business problems.
JOB DUTIES: This position reports to an IT Supervisor, Senior IT Supervisor or IT Manager. Customers may include Caterpillar customers, dealers, internal Caterpillar organizations (service centers and/or worldwide business units), suppliers, other Information Technology teams or business partners. Responsibilities are within functional lines with individuals assisting in new program development and/or maintenance of existing mobile, WEB, Cloud, server, personal computer, mainframe, and/or distributed computing systems.
1. Performs all duties without close supervision. However, more complex assignments may require closer supervision and assistance.
2. Designs, codes, tests, and debugs programs of varying degrees of complexity.
3. Configuration or customization of purchased software solutions.
4. Works directly on application/technical problem identification and resolution, including off-shift and weekend support functions.
5. Works independently on complex modules that may be used by one or more programs or applications.
6. Works independently on complex projects that may span multiple infrastructure components.
7. Under the direction of more senior staff, assists in the development of major application modules and programs.
8. Participates in integrated testing and user acceptance of application or infrastructure components.
9. Works with vendors on the integration of purchased application and/or infrastructure solutions.
10. Assists less senior staff with logic problems and interpretation of specifications.
11. Fully knowledgeable of programming languages appropriate to the platform supported, program design and specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, basic system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage and internal systems.
12. Designs and implements processes, or process improvements, to aid in development and support.
BACKGROUND/EXPERIENCE: Requires a college or university degree, technical certification or equivalent experience. The incumbent should be knowledgeable of the latest technology in programming languages; computing hardware and software; and current development processes and tools.Two to four years of programming, integration or infrastructure experience would be desirable. In
addition, the incumbent should have a good knowledge of Caterpillar policies and procedures, and a general understanding of Caterpillar’s organization.