Join VillageMD as a Director Architecture, Remote.
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Director Architecture to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
In the role of Director, Architecture, we are looking for individuals with retail design, architecture or interior design experience specifically for pre-design, design, programming, planning and permitting activities. With experience leading teams of multiple designers, AORs, EORs and consultants. Experience in retail fixture layout and merchandising is an asset.
How you can make a difference
- Oversee and be actively engaged in the due diligence, predesign, design and permitting phases of the new clinic development process.
- Develop, refine and continually update process workflows for the design team.
- Manage Architects, Engineers, vendors and consultants.
- Ability to engage, coordinate and manage all the consultants needed during due diligence, design and permitting phases.
- Manage and oversee due diligence site and permitting investigation reports & deliverables.
- Manage and oversee all test fits and preliminary concept drawings, in collaboration with VP of Design.
- Manage and oversee all progress CD reviews, in collaboration with VP of Design.
- Manage and oversee updates and revisions to prototype, in collaboration with VP of Design.
- Provide input and ensure timely responses for Requests for Information and Contractor Submittals.
- Engage with stakeholders to ensure all VMD requirements are documented within prototype.
- Lead daily, weekly and monthly meetings related to design phases.
- Ensure proper reporting and data governance.
- Communicate succinctly and transparently to all stakeholders.
- Manage and maintain record progress, permit sets and issued for construction drawings.
- Deliver projects utilizing the design and construction platforms; software; databases and tools.
- Engage with VillageMD business line leadership at regular intervals.
Skills for success
- Experience with Architects and Engineers of Record; retail design; fixture planning and full permit construction documents are important requirements for this position.
- Other qualifications include:
- Strong working knowledge of architectural construction drawings.
- Understanding of drawings, specifications, project manuals, etc.
- Understanding of retail roll outs design and construction programs.
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills.
- Experience with Procore software desirable.
- Experience with Blue Beam used during design reviews desirable.
- Manage ambiguity and the challenges that arise during the pre-design and design phases.
Experience to drive change
- A strong background in Architecture or Interior Design.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Design preferred.
- 15+ years of experience as a Director of Architecture, Director of Interior Design, Design Lead, and/or Interior Design Program Lead.
- Registered Architect (or AIA certification is desirable).
- Previously lead individuals across a national retail roll out program.
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.