Join a fast-paced, innovative, data-driven company named 2021 Best Tech Start ups In Chicago, that is changing the Supply Chain industry through real time tracking and end-to-end visibility.
FourKites is looking for an energetic leader who enjoys a player-coach role to work closely with cross-functional stakeholders on creating innovative technical solutions to some of the company’s most challenging problems. The Director, Business Operations & Analytics works with a wide group of Executives and business stakeholders, manages a globally distributed technical project team, maintains and expands critical data infrastructure, and develops analytics in a wide range of dimensions.
- Educate, develop, and coach a team of analysts, provide guidance as necessary, remove roadblocks, and give them feedback on all technical work
- Understand, scope, and prioritize a stream of inbound requests from the business, prioritize based on impact and effort
- Create entirely automated reports for use internally and externally to solve data related problems and provide data to change conversations and spur action
- Manage mission critical reporting data infrastructure, this includes managing data pipelines and building custom integrations between operational software
- Work with varying size datasets (a few dozen rows to tens of millions of rows of data) to gather insights and ensure they are clean and performant for analysis (Python3 and SQL)
- Manage internal web applications used for automation and reporting (Full stack web development using HTML5, CSS3, Python3, SQL)
- Work closely with product teams to identify gaps or issues with the data and prioritize fixes, QA new data points (using SQL)
- Maintain sterling documentation of data infrastructure/ all project work
- Manage the administration of Salesforce, ensure that the team is properly resourced, properly prioritizing the right impactful projects, and provide a framework for organizing the work related to that system
- Conduct training and brainstorming sessions on a team-by-team basis to identify pain points. These will turn into projects in the project pipeline
- Execute ad hoc projects from the executive team as needed
- 5+ years relevant business experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- 1+ year leading technical teams
- 2+ years of Python development experience
- Exceptional problem solver with the ability to transition between detailed data and high-level insights. Ability to use that skill and train new analysts to do the same
- Very strong project and program management skills (ability to organize a team’s projects varying in length, complexity, and urgency)
- Very strong SQL experience (Tools used: AWS Redshift, Postgres) and ability to quickly execute simple to complex queries (aggregations, nested queries, understanding of data types)
- Strong Python3 Web Development experience (interacting with APIs, Python Flask web applications, asynchronous processing, shell scripting, some server-side troubleshooting, some HTML5, CSS3)
- Moderate Data Engineering experience (creating tables and views, performance tuning, table performance optimization, query optimization, and some data architecture)
- Salesforce Administration experience
- Strong interpersonal collaboration and project management experience
- Experience with Business Intelligence Tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Sisense, Looker, Apache Superset) or any type of Dashboard Reporting
- Superior hands-on analytic skills including very strong Excel modeling skills
- Ability to manage a globally distributed team
Named one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, FourKites is on a mission to transform the world’s supply chains with the most powerful technology on the planet. With a customer base that includes 18 of the top-20 food and beverage companies and nine of the top-10 CPG companies, the company combines the largest network of real-time logistics data with machine learning to help its customers lower costs, improve on-time performance and strengthen end-customer relationships. We are a customer-obsessed organization, wholeheartedly committed to helping our customers succeed and drive long-term value.
The empathy we exhibit with our customers applies internally, as well. At FourKites, a positive work culture is a priority, and team members benefit from structured employee development plans, mentorship and training programs, quarterly review and promotions processes, affinity group memberships and competitive benefits packages. Click here to learn more about our team and our corporate values.
If you are a California resident, here is our California Applicant Privacy Notice.