Job Overview: The Director of Carrier Relations is responsible for leading the charge in building the most comprehensive carrier network in North America. You are someone that can visualize a carrier network and deeply understand the needs of our carriers. You can balance leading a team in day-to-day operations, while also overseeing strategic planning and leaning on data to make informed decisions. You take a vested interest in every aspect of our carrier network; from the way we build SCOUT for carriers and create internal carrier tools, to the way that we communicate and develop relationships with our carriers.
- Develop the strategy and tactics that will help develop, track and monitor the effectiveness of the process of attracting and retaining the Forager carrier network
- Evolve our training program for how we develop our carriers
- Strengthen focus on strategic, proactive carrier development
- Own metrics for carrier network and supply performance
- Collaborate with the product team on development of our carrier portal, load board, and TMS
- Collaborate with the marketing team on content creation and communication with carriers
- Oversee a team that is responsible for onboarding, relationship development and network retention of carriers
- Work collaboratively with leadership to develop forward looking short-term and long-term growth plans that achieve key business objectives
- Build and scale a highly productive, engaged, passionate carrier relations team
What You’ll Bring:
- 8-10 years of experience building carrier relationships and networks in the logistics space
- 3-5 years of experience in people management; overseeing a department, while developing a team of high-performing managers and individual contributors
- Strong ability to understand and visualize a geography-based network
- Experience with international freight in the Americas a plus
- Strong experience developing and executing strategic plans aligned with key business objectives
- Experience in a fast-paced startup, with grit and adaptability in navigating a high growth stage environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills and the ability to apply them to decision-making
Who we are?
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience. We're building an automated and collaborative marketplace that connects cross-border shippers (customers) with their optimal carrier (trucking companies) based on region, price, and service rating.
Forager is committed to keeping our employees, their families, and our community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have made the decision to continue working remotely until further notice. This means all new hires will be onboarded and trained remotely.
Forager is an equal employment opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected characteristics.