The Director will report directly to the VP, Head of Channels and Alliances. Success in this role will be driven through referrals, growth in the number of participating partners, and referral revenue from target channels.
The below represents the primary duties of the position, and others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty expertly. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead the development of a national channel partner network designed to deliver referral revenue across one or more partner categories, in this case the benefit broker channel and allied partner segments such as carriers, GAs and the like.
- Build strategic partnerships with a targeted set of organizations working with and through Paylocity sales and channel managers to ensure competitive advantage for Paylocity, including when needed the recruitment of strategic partner targets and management of executive relationships.
- Work closely with Paylocity’s sales, marketing, product, support, service and finance teams to ensure quality and scale of channel programs.
- Serve as subject matter expert to field sales and corporate teams on the target channel(s), and set strategic direction for all targeted channel partner programs.
- Design, build and execute programs to support partner network development and significant growth in the partner network measured by referrals and revenue.
- Manage partner programs, from development to launch to execution over time by leveraging data and market expertise to ensure program innovations match market need.
- Associated responsibility for updates to associated materials, ensuring x-functional contributions, and performance against success measures quarter over quarter.
- Deepen penetration into existing relationships and expand market share in targeted channels.
- Drive adoption of programs in target segments.
Education and Experience
- State the minimum education, experience, skills and certifications/training required to successfully perform the job.
- 5-10 years of experience building and executing channel partner programs that deliver leads, bookings and revenue
- Experience working in small and mid size markets, as well as with channel partner categories tied to Payroll, HCM or allied fields
- Significant x-functional program development experience, particularly working with sales, marketing, product, services and other corporate functions
- Strong business acumen from business case development, to program management, including the scheduling and project management of program elements to ensure coordinated execution
- Experience in business analysis, sales ops or product management, preferred
- Strong negotiation skills and experience with agreement process, both standard and complex agreements