Director of Client Operations
We’re seeking an incredible leader who is looking for a challenge to lead Signal's most important global business partnership out of our Chicago headquarters. As the exclusive Japan market distributor of Signal’s Identity Platform, and one of the most trafficked destinations in Japan, this key partnership delivers Signal’s software to thousands of Japanese brands and agencies.
We are looking for someone who is organized, disciplined, resourceful and passionate about the digital landscape that can operationalize, nurture, and develop this key piece of business. We want someone that can ensure we meet objectives, successfully manage cross-functional teams and strategic projects and builds deep relationships internally and with one of Signal’s largest global customers.
Experience in AdTech with a solid understanding of DMPs, onboarding, segmentation or media activation is a must. With shared reporting structure into the SVP of Global Client Delivery (Chicago) and SVP/Managing Director of APAC (Tokyo), and you’d be excited to join our Global team, keep reading.
So, what would you be doing?
- Lead all things for this partnership that come into our Chicago Headquarters.
- Partner with an assigned Solutions Consultant and an assigned Customer Support Engineer in Chicago to run the day-to-day operations.
- Support and Partner with SVP/Managing Director of APAC who ultimately owns this client relationship
- Form a close working partnership with the Signal support team based in Japan as well as the client team itself.
- In concert with Product and Engineering, take charge of the account and play an essential leadership role: monitor partnership health, organize projects, track workflow and effectively resolve issues. Be able to effectively engage and communicate with different teams, decision makers and executives in Chicago and Japan to accomplish our client goals
- Collaborate with Signal’s technical support, project management, product and marketing teams to execute against our product development roadmap, bring new features & functionality to market, and provide superior customer support. Understand and be able to effectively speak to both the business and technical sides of the account
- Suggest and develop processes and services to improve operational efficiency between both organizations. Leverage Signal processes and best practices where it makes sense and build new processes to meet the unique needs of the partnership
- Partner with Product and Engineering to develop an internal and client-facing QA and product delivery process that drives smooth product launches and feature releases
- Help organize and lead critical planning meetings, status updates, business reviews and other communications.
- Be an advocate for providing the best partner experience possible.
- Be an expert in digital marketing trends, stay informed of data-driven marketing news, emerging technologies and competitor offerings.
- Manage and improve upon issue resolution and escalation process
- Run day-to-day operations for incident reports, JIRA ticket communication and internal SLA’s
- Manage several shared Trello boards in partnership with Signal Japan team, client direct and Signal headquarters in Chicago to track operations, integrations, issues and new product launches
What do we need from you?
- 7+ years working in the online advertising/marketing space (DMP/DSP/ESP/RTB/Attribution/Ad Servers) in a Senior Account Management or Project Management role.
- Deep understanding of offline data onboarding and online data activation
- Good understanding of Publishers
- Proven experience working closely with Product and Engineering teams
- Experience working deep within a media technology or platform.
- Experience working with JIRA and support escalation procedures
- Amazing written and verbal communication skills. You love to lead meetings where you can influence others. You know your audience and can communicate appropriately; effectively translating technical ideas to non-technical people and vice versa.
- Program management. You are able to meet and keep track of tight deadlines with lots of moving parts, rally resources, appropriately set and manage expectations and still have presence of mind to have fun along the way.
- You are both strategic and technically minded. You love evaluating things from a high level but also enjoy working directly with products and you have a technical curiosity that gives you an edge over your peers.
- Be a proven relationship builder. You have excellent people skills, are a natural leader, and have experience consulting and influencing customers, up to the executive level.
- Highly motivated, self-sufficient and able to operate autonomously. You demonstrate the ability to launch initiative, take ownership and follow through.
- A proven Team lead. You have successfully managed a team responsible for the execution of a plan or project you developed, designed or created.
- Detail oriented. You have a keen eye for detail and care deeply about consistency.
- Willingness to travel, 4-6 times a year to Japan, and to frequently work odd hours due to time differences.
- You have experience working directly and extensively with overseas companies or accounts, preferably in APAC. You have a curiosity for other cultures and countries. You love to travel and learn.
- You speak and write Japanese
In addition to the specifics of this job, we’re looking for Signalites that fall in love with new ideas, can’t stop learning, and are a pretty nice person on top of all of it. You understand that even the most fun kind of work is work, consider putting in the hours as an obvious necessity, and easily deal with change. You think well beyond what is asked of you, and live and breathe the minutiae of the work.
What’s in it for you:
You will work with others who value culture and treating one another like adults. To support this we offer a competitive salary/bonus with great benefits, like: unlimited PTO, 401k, health/dental/vision, STD/LTD, snacks, parental leave, Hack Weeks, great colleagues.
How to apply:
Interested? Well, send your resume via the link below. The company and team we’re building is important to us, so include a note explaining what you’ve been doing and why you’d make a great addition to our team. Be yourself. We will only respond to people who meet qualifications and on whom we develop a professional crush.
Signal is the first and only Customer Identity Solution for the enterprise. Signal’s platform offers an independent identity solution for brands that transforms the customer experience by connecting an always-active profile to customer engagements across all human, physical, and digital touchpoints.
Today, Signal’s technology runs on more than 45,000 digital properties in 158 countries. The platform facilitates billions of data requests monthly, supporting top brands around the world that generate more than $1.5 trillion in commerce, including Allstate, Audi, Crate & Barrel, JetBlue Airways, Starcom MediaVest Group, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and many more.
Signal has been recognized with numerous awards and honors, including being named one of the fastest growing companies on the 2015, 2016, & 2017 Inc. 500 lists. Visit www.signal.co to learn more and follow Signal on LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at Signal are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.